Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Merging into exit lanes while people are merging into the same lane from an on-ramp.
Merging in general needs work.

FSD can’t figure out which of the two lanes is merging with which one. Frequently it wants to change to the lane that will merge in 100 ft. That is also the reason it can’t properly signal when merging.

WTF does fixed even mean? The nags are back in 12.4? Or much reduced or gone in 12.4?
Reading between the lines I'd assume he is saying 12.4 is so good that nags will be rare enough you won't complain about them or nags are essentially gone in 12.4.

If my interpretation is correct the update notes will be epic, and this thread will be on fire...

Reactions: FSDtester#1
Had a pretty good drive in very busy traffic today.
It handled a 2-1 lane merger really well and was confident and human like for at least 80% of the time. It took big and small speed bumps in its stride, was careful around cyclists, mostly managed roads with cycle lanes etc
At other times it would pause for way too long for commute traffic and picked the wrong lane at one traffic light. The nav showed to go straight on, but it signaled right and pulled into the cycle lane.
So another drive were during the times it was working well, it was very good - but that is balanced by the off the rails when it isn't good.
My family are starting to find it hard to figure out if its FSD or me driving, then it does something stupid and then they know 🤣

Reading between the lines I'd assume he is saying 12.4 is so good that nags will be rare enough you won't complain about them or nags are essentially gone in 12.4.
I don't believe that the capability of the software is the gating factor here. NHTSA wants drivers paying attention when a Level 2 system is active. They're insistent that the driver be nagged if they're not paying attention. If there's any fix coming, I hope that it's the elimination of the steering wheel torque requirement (which is an idiotic test of driver attention) and total reliance on eye and head tracking. That would be transformative for me - and would annoy the crap out of the folks constantly occupied by their cell phone. Which it should.

I'm not sure how they'd do that in my car at night, however, because I don't have the infrared lights that illuminate the driver.

I'm not sure how they'd do that in my car at night, however, because I don't have the infrared lights that illuminate the driver.

I tested this on my non-IR 2019 Model 3 when they released the feature that let you view the cabin camera from the service menu. The camera seems to have pretty good exposure ranges, as the light of the center screen alone was enough to clearly see my face.

Reactions: JB47394

If my interpretation is correct the update notes will be epic, and this thread will be on fire...
That's a really optimistic interpretation IMO.

Reactions: Nakk and dhanson865
He "fixed" his love life relationship with Omar. 🤣 He said Omar was no longer a Nag. So nothing to do with FSDS.
Did Musk reply only because he follows Dirty Tesla and no longer follows Omar? Or did he really relent on dropping Omar?
Until 12.4.x comes out, these are the only types of things of interest.

Somewhat off topic from the exciting v12.4 news, but I've noticed an odd behavior today on FSD v12.3.6, that I'm pretty sure never happened before today, but I observed it four times throughout the day today, despite not having installed a new update.

Specifically, it seems to have started overreacting to the "stop sign ahead" signs, abruptly slowing down immediately before or immediately after them, then continuing slowly for a while until reaching the actual stop sign. Has anyone else observed a similar behavior?

• Disagree
Reactions: mborkow