Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drove about 300 mi round trip yesterday to get to where the eclipse was a full ring. First trip in 2023 Model Y with 2023.32.6 software, basic autopilot only. Some really bad regressions I have observed in this update:

- It missed something like 40% of speed limit signs. And I drive in a place where it is common to go from 65 to 35 mph limit, and back again a dozen times in 20 miles of driving. It is also often _miles_ between posted speed limit signs. So the indicated speed limit was wrong, which means the autosteer max speed was wrong, which meant either foregoing auto steer or having to use the long pedal to go the actual speed supported by the road.
- it has a new behavior where ACC hunts for speed around a long sweeping corner, changing it's mind by +/- 1mph about twice a second, making really nauseating accel/decel pulses.
- ACC braked for a truck turning left across my lane that was probably a good 10 seconds away from being a collision hazard. Not let off the throttle to coast slow down, not quite AEB/phantom brake level of hard braking, but way way way too much decel for the non existent hazard. I know this isn't really truly new behavior but I've never had an event so that out of spec yet. But that could have been handled easily with maintaining the same speed, even a nervous student driver might have only coasted for, ACC mini whiplashed us for. Ugh.
- The lane expanding from one to two or merging two to one behavior... Just simply bad. D- grade. Ironically, the only ones out of the several dozen that autosteer handled correctly were the ones where the merge happened relatively quickly, within a few dozen yards or so. The longer and slower the merge or diverge, the more likely the car was to start following one lane line, then change its mind and decide it needed to be _centered_right_now_ in the lane and a half, jerk the wheel over, change its mind and go back to hugging a lane line, etc.

Bottom line, intention smoothing needs real serious work in the next update. This waffling and going back and forth In perception and execution is simply unacceptable.

Reactions: beachmiles
While I only have EAP and not FSD, I have noticed that on Fairfax County Parkway (a local 4 lane divided state highway) I can now set the autopilot speed to something higher than the speed limit, 50 mph. This is on a HW3 pre-refresh car.

While I only have EAP and not FSD, I have noticed that on Fairfax County Parkway (a local 4 lane divided state highway) I can now set the autopilot speed to something higher than the speed limit, 50 mph. This is on a HW3 pre-refresh car.
The speed limit plus 5mph restriction applies to some secondary roads but not all. Not sure what the actual requirements are, it seems hit and miss.

Drove about 300 mi round trip yesterday to get to where the eclipse was a full ring. First trip in 2023 Model Y with 2023.32.6 software, basic autopilot only. Some really bad regressions I have observed in this update:

- It missed something like 40% of speed limit signs. And I drive in a place where it is common to go from 65 to 35 mph limit, and back again a dozen times in 20 miles of driving. It is also often _miles_ between posted speed limit signs. So the indicated speed limit was wrong, which means the autosteer max speed was wrong, which meant either foregoing auto steer or having to use the long pedal to go the actual speed supported by the road.

And where I am in California, ignoring the freeway speed limit signs, which fluctuate with construction regions (inactive) without cars actually changing speeds, is a better idea. Previously it followed them too literally and caused many 70->55mph slowdowns in heavy traffic.

Upgraded to 2023.44.30.5.1 today.

TACC is still wildly inconsistent about slowing for curves. Set at my personal limit of posted +5, went around a very gentle curve on the outer radius lanes, and it slowed to posted -8, hunted +/- 3mph. Reversed course, drove the lanes on the inner radius part of the same curve, and it held +5 all the way through the corner with no problem.

We need a manual dumb cruise control fallback mode. TACC is currently dangerous in it's unpredictable behavior.