Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was a little scared when started a new software update today. Was worried just by chance could be 7 by mistake with everything all fudged up. Whew, it was just 2.5.46 though - hope it also fixes the stutter at low speed on a 70D also. Man I wish they had some type of technical release notes, even if just online for us that care...

Anyone notice the vent pano opens a bit more with .36 than previous?

Yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Was there a change to TACC with the recent 6.2 updates? I believe when cruising and the car in front stopped, you needed to tap the pedal to resume moving and cruising. Now I see that my car can come to a complete stop and it will resume cruise as soon as the car in front starts moving again. It's a nice improvement.

I'm currently running Firmware Version: 2.5.36.

It doesn't switch to "hold" mode for a few seconds, if I recall correctly it's a small number of seconds (5?) if you were driving at city speeds, a larger number (30?) if highway speeds. It still does so with my car running 2.5.46. Possibly in your case the stop was brief enough not to trigger "hold" mode? Another possibility is if the car ahead of you is edging forward ever so slightly (or the radar thinks it is).

075a8d3a4dbd3caf6b2c116efbc4e967.jpg

Something else you could try, if you haven't yet, is a completely different USB drive. For good measure, name it differently too, and name the first directory differently too, just to be really safe. That wouldn't clear the meta data cache, but everything on the new USB really should cause new data to be cached.

This one might work. I'll try it when I get a chance.

As a test, and to see if you need to go even a step further before you do this, if you have a folder titled "Beatles" that has cover art not displaying, try, on the new USB, naming that folder "B e a t l e s" instead, and see if that causes the cover art to display. If that does, but other folders still don't, you might have to change every folder name, but you really shouldn't have to.

I'm somewhat doubtful about this one because it doesn't seem all that static. That is, there are some tracks that have the bar and artwork more than others, but not always. Also the bar shouldn't be tied to the artwork (and indeed some songs show artwork but not the bar, but it's not always the same songs.)

Apparently a fix for the low speed shudder introduced in 2.5.21 for D models

Still on .36 myself so havent had chance to verify
I thought I was the only one experiencing that!! I've gotten the update and haven't noticed it since, but I didn't honestly pay that much attention or think that a firmware update would have changed it. I'll verify when I'm out driving later today. I just thought it was an intermittent thing that fixed itself.

I know very little about the dual motor cars, but if I were to venture a wild-ass guess, it sounded like to me that the two motors were out-of-sync and one was pulling (or pushing) against the other causing the shudder.

Someone else thought the same thing, I could see that. It sort of felt like that... (actually it felt like I was driving a manual car in high gear and coming to a stop at a red light and forgot to put it back in neutral. It would studder a little, and unless you hit the clutch in time, it'd stall)

Just by chance I'm working on a project at work dealing with multiple high powered motors working to move a common load, kind of like the D. We've run into a torsional vibration issue where at certain frequencies the motor torques get out of phase and a vibration is induced. Sounds very similar.