Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon driving cross-country

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TO: Supercharger Team

There has been a slight change of plans. I've designated the attached list of supercharger sites as "immediate priority" so I can complete the cross-country trip with my kids as promised. Feel free to disregard the current plan and de-prioritize other sites as necessary to get this done by mid-December.

We've got 90 days. You guys are great, I know you can do it!

i don't see any change in plans. Elon has been planning it for a long while, and the super charger map has shown the route across as long as I've been looking at it.

Until you realize that Winter ends 3/22/14

I don't understand your comment, I was commenting on the line "Feel free to disregard the current plan and de-prioritize other sites as necessary to get this done by mid-December."

I don't see them changing plans at all, it has always been planned to have the route across the US finished for Elon's trip.

I don't understand your comment, I was commenting on the line "Feel free to disregard the current plan and de-prioritize other sites as necessary to get this done by mid-December."

I don't see them changing plans at all, it has always been planned to have the route across the US finished for Elon's trip.

Ah, my bad as I assumed you were referring to the super charger timeline as it shows the necessary chargers coming online 'winter' 2013. TM is notorious for hitting the last day of a given season.

i don't see any change in plans. Elon has been planning it for a long while, and the super charger map has shown the route across as long as I've been looking at it.

Well, Elon announced another plan on 5/30 to triple the number of superchargers in the U.S. from 8 to 24 by 6/30 (or 7/31 if you give him the benefit of the doubt). That goal still has not been met. So I don't think it is quite as easy as you state. It will take some focus on the installation of the required superchargers for the cross country trip if he is going to pull it off by the end of the year. That was the point of my tongue-in-cheek "memo".