Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon driving cross-country

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
+1. I hope he avoids the temptation to use an ICE chase car with luggage and juiceboxes. And I hope he comes away with a deeper respect for cup holders.

If it was me, I would send care packages ahead of time to service centers along the route, stop by and pick them up and get the old "surprise inspection" from the boss :)
BTW, most of the service centers already have drinks/snacks anyway, but they could load them up with his kids juice boxes (and they also have bathrooms too)

- - - Updated - - -

Sedation administered via sippy cups is a wonderful thing. (One of many reasons why they never leave me alone with children.)

Yes, those are the opposite of "puppy uppers", "doggy downers" :)

Elon should hire a camera crew and Kate Upton. Then put her in a Tesla Roadster during his Model S cross country trip.
They could re-create the scene from the movie Vacation where Chevy Chase sees Christie Brinkley in the Ferrari.

Last edited by a moderator:
how does he plan on doing this when the supercharger network is not even a quarter complete yet? He'll never do it with less than 9 hours of charging...

He's apparently looking at Tesla's "Winter 2013" supercharger map and thinking that means he could take that road trip at the end of the year. Someone needs to break it to him that Tesla's timing is... less than precise. It looks like about 16 superchargers need to be initiated and completed before he can make the trip, with three others soon to be operational. I notice the supercharger map now has a route through Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Maryland so he doesn't have to take his family through Canada to get across the U.S.!

Would love to have a date for his trip. Just so we would know when the superchargers will actually be in. Traveling between NY and Boston or Cape Cod only SC are in CT on I95 the slowest route for me. The two towns in CT only have two SC per (on each side of I95). Would love to see him with long wait to recharge.

I bummed to see NEW Charging stations all over Norway, with picture of five SCs at one site. Just saying....

I love my Model S. I would just like to have some SCs on my chosen all Interstate 300 one way mile trip.

Absolutely! They should meet at the charging areas and make sure Musk has unfettered access to a station. If it is planned correctly local media could be alerted to cover each segment of the trip.
Maybe he could do it in an 'X'! :smile:
Or conversely leave the man alone to enjoy a trip with his young kids who would most likely like to have their dad all to themselves

Or conversely leave the man alone to enjoy a trip with his young kids who would most likely like to have their dad all to themselves

I am all for him having a quiet vacation with his friends/family. Problem: He tweeted this plan so it has no shot of being a quiet vacation :wink: