Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Crazy letter left on my windshield over the weekend..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow. As an ultra-conservative Tesla lover, I sure hope this letter was written by a liberal trying to make conservatives look bad. Unfortunately, since most of my friends are conservative also, I've heard a ton of stupid crap about Tesla from them. I always prove them wrong and say, "you might want to double check your source of information - obviously it's not just the mainstream media that is biased."

It's good to have convictions. But people REALLY need to learn to think for themselves a little. And that goes for both sides.
I like you lean to the conservative views of the world and most of my peers feel the same, however I've never encountered anything but interest in learning more about the car, how it works, what's it like to drive everyday, never have I heard any sort of derisive comment. however in the real world every once in awhile you might encounter some neanderthal, however those people come in all shapes, sizes and political persuasions

Reactions: Chopr147
Is it relevant to this debate that President-elect Trump has never mentioned the tens of thousands new US manufacturing jobs created by Musk companies?

Frankly, Musk is antithetical to the Trump basic thesis that US manufacturing is hollowing out and that nobody can successfully make anything in the US now. His choices so far are for people who, like his Commerce Secretary nominee, have bought troubled US companies, eliminated lots of jobs, sold the resulting company to an Indian company. Bluntly, the Trump narrative depends on seeing US industry as terminally damaged. Thus, one of his potential nominees calls Musk and Tesla a "fraud".

One might imagine that the Trump administration will try to eliminate subsidies for oil, gas and coal but it now seems he will to. he will certainly try to eliminate any of those that relate to wind power (his special hatred), solar power and industries built to use those energy sources.

Anyway, Musk companies have most of their employees in California and Nevada, states that did not vote for Trump. There will be payback.He has already promised that, and we should take him at his word.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: TaoJones and EinSV
Anyway, Musk companies have most of their employees in California and Nevada, states that did not vote for Trump. There will be payback.He has already promised that, and we should take him at his word.
to paraphrase obambi, elections have consequences and trump won.
up to date the government has thrown away billions on solar subsidies and the so called ignorant people in fly over country aren't pleased about that, see solyndra scandal

Reactions: Eclectic
if you're intimidated by a note like that maybe you should never venture out from your safe space

I'm sorry to pine in like this, I certainly don't intend any personal disrespect even though the following may sound condescending in a way – but what you said is quite ignorant. That simple statement, when dissected in light of current pop culture and political vernacular, is fully loaded with insulting innuendo and presumption, and signals ill-informed and perhaps borderline arrogant authorship.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones and Pollux
I'm sorry to pine in like this, I certainly don't intend any personal disrespect even though the following may sound condescending in a way – but what you said is quite ignorant. That simple statement, when dissected in light of current pop culture and political vernacular, is fully loaded with insulting innuendo and presumption, and signals ill-informed and perhaps borderline arrogant authorship.
really? put the thesaurus away.
I feel bad for anyone who allows any sort anonymous message scare you so much.

really? put the thesaurus away.
I feel bad for anyone who allows any sort anonymous message scare you so much.

Really.

With regards to your 'thesaurus' jab- all I'll say is I make no apology about having the ability to articulate.

In the spirit of enlightening discourse, let me share a bit of my background- politics and ethics aside.

I work as a physician in an urban setting. I have the daily privilege and duty to see a side of victimization that one cannot appreciate by way of the news, or speaking with friends and family in one's limited life bubble.

I see victims of physical and emotional crime. I document wounds I couldn't have ever imagined one human inflicting on another. I am absolutely appalled by how many assault cases myself and colleagues across the nation see that were preceded by anonymous insults/threats/notes. A disconcerting number of cases don't make the news because there simply are just too many of them.

I think I understand your sentiment, but I ask that you take a moment and reflect on how "the other side" experiences life's journey.

Peace.

to paraphrase obambi, elections have consequences and trump won.
up to date the government has thrown away billions on solar subsidies and the so called ignorant people in fly over country aren't pleased about that, see solyndra scandal
True, I wonder how happy they would be if they knew about the subsidies to coal, oil and gas extractors, pipeline companies and industrial companies? Comparing them directly is instructive, all the more so when subsidies to real estate developers and hedge fund managers are considered. Once these comparisons are made it is interesting that the subsidies to solar, wind and EV's are less than to those others.

Maybe it is even relevant that Tesla paid back their government loan early, while none of the other car builders who get much more have paid the back, that GM and Chrysler bailouts had huge losses.

Really, the facts are not relevant to political positioning anyway. That Solyndra lost $535 million counts more than dies that the program that did that is actually profitable. Compare that to the $11.2 billion lost bailing out GM which sources EV technology from Korea, while Tesla is 95% US content. Still, obviously Solyndra was worse, so what if non-bailout Ford actually builds more vehicles in the US than does GM.

We are about to be operating in a nearly fact-free regime. Imagine Carrier taking a quickly engineered Indiana tax break, then raising prices to compensate for their remaining higher costs. They saved 1000 jobs!

Ford kept a low volume car in the US rather than build it in Mexico. So now they will produce more of high volume one in Mexico instead. Either way nobody in the US was losing a job anyway, but fewer low-skill assembly jobs remain anyway.

Really.

With regards to your 'thesaurus' jab- all I'll say is I make no apology about having the ability to articulate.

In the spirit of enlightening discourse, let me share a bit of my background- politics and ethics aside.

I work as a physician in an urban setting. I have the daily privilege and duty to see a side of victimization that one cannot appreciate by way of the news, or speaking with friends and family in one's limited life bubble.

I see victims of physical and emotional crime. I document wounds I couldn't have ever imagined one human inflicting on another. I am absolutely appalled by how many assault cases myself and colleagues across the nation see that were preceded by anonymous insults/threats/notes. A disconcerting number of cases don't make the news because there simply are just too many of them.

I think I understand your sentiment, but I ask that you take a moment and reflect on how "the other side" experiences life's journey.

Peace.

Always remember, educated people are suspect.