Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Stores and Service Centers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As is well known, Tesla Mississauga plans to move. The latest I heard was to Oakville, but again, there's no time line, and the location isn't certain (a statement often made last year: no change).The Mississauga centre operates under serious technical constraints.

I think "well speculated" is more accurate. I once asked point blank and was told no, there were no plans to move and that any new openings (in Oakville or wherever) were considered as separate matters. I later was told that the Mississauga area is really space constrained and that they "hoped they would move" to a larger facility before the Model X arrived, but it didn't look like they would.

I work in the Waterloo Region and have met him. At the time, he was driving around in a fully loaded black P85D as his "company car". The Waterloo Region is a bit of a technology hub and I think there are a number of Teslas in the Region. In fact, some of the first Roadsters were bought by RIM/Blackberry execs. A store/service center in the area would provide good support for midwestern Ontario.

Funny you made the reference to BB Execs. I was in Waterloo earlier this week and decided to grab a few electrons at BB building 10 which was on Plugshare. I was charging at the Sun country 69A charger which was labelled 'Tesla 2'. I then noticed another charger next to it and realized it was a Roadster HP charger! I'm sure it's never used anymore as I think Mike/Jim had the Roadsters, but that's useful info for our Roadster owners out there if they didn't know already.

I then noticed another charger next to it and realized it was a Roadster HP charger! I'm sure it's never used anymore as I think Mike/Jim had the Roadsters, but that's useful info for our Roadster owners out there if they didn't know already.

I know of at least one Roadster in the Region. When I had a small "launch event" for the charging stations at my office in Cambridge last September, four Roadsters showed up among a number of other EVs.

Re: Vancouver

There's a new commercial/residential complex on West 4th and Fir. Was walking by when I noticed a Tesla advertisement across the window of a storefront, saying to contact the Robson store to schedule a test drive. Tesla doesn't do advertisements, and I don't believe there was any test drive event there recently. Possible new location in Vancouver? Purely speculation. Just seemed odd. I'll take a picture next time I'm in the area.

So will this also be co-located with the Vancouver Supercharger site shown on the 2015 s/c map?

That location may be good for some apartment dwellers I guess, but personally I hope they don't put the supercharger there. Traffic is always busy over there. I'd prefer it near hwy#1 somewhere. I hope the current service center remains and they don't close it, as it is much easier to get to as well.

At least it will be close to Granville Island if you have to wait for service or a charge. The radius condos it is under is scheduled for completion sometime this year - so I expect the new store will be too perhaps.

Interestingly enough, if you try to get a feel for the site in google streetview, the Fir Street frontage is the only one up to date with the new building on it.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Looks like getting a location in Ottawa may have taken a bit of a detour. The Ottawa based advisor we had been dealing with no longer works for Tesla and all his active files have been transferred to the Montreal location.

The advisor I spoke with seemed to be very non-committal (maybe they just don't know but that wasn't my impression) about the future of an Ottawa location and said they would be visiting the region every month and a half or so.

The bright spot in the story is it appears that Mike purchased the 85D he had been using to give his test drives. It was a pleasure dealing with him, I figured he would be going places.

That article is a bit of a mixed bag. You don't really know what information to trust since they list the Powell St. Service Centre as "recently opened" and one "photo" is a computer rendering of a Roadster interior.

It also struck me as odd when they said the recently opened service station on Powell. Perhaps they meant the store on Robson. The Roadster interior is also an odd choice of picture but it doesn't look like a computer rendering to me.

Anyways, it is good news except for all the congestion in that area. I grew up in Kits and everytime I go back I can't believe all the cars parked on every side street, traffic on the streets, and dense condo construction. It was hippies in mostly single family homes and empty streets in the 70's when I grew up spending many of my days in the first Greenpeace office there.

Anyways, it is good news except for all the congestion in that area. I grew up in Kits and everytime I go back I can't believe all the cars parked on every side street, traffic on the streets, and dense condo construction. It was hippies in mostly single family homes and empty streets in the 70's when I grew up spending many of my days in the first Greenpeace office there.
Robson is an awful location to do test drives from, I know, I just did one recently there. the traffic around there is so dense you can't try anything, and then they take you to a deserted service road near the cruise ship terminal to "play" a bit, you don't really get a chance to try any of the driver assist features because there's either no traffic, or too much, and no place you can cruise for a minute or two to see how it works.

I loved the car, but I'm going to try to do another test drive in Calgary here soon so I can actually experience it.

Looks like getting a location in Ottawa may have taken a bit of a detour. The Ottawa based advisor we had been dealing with no longer works for Tesla and all his active files have been transferred to the Montreal location.

I'm not prepared to assume that he left because Ottawa is off the table. Tesla doesn't exactly pay top dollar so he might have got a better offer somewhere else. Sales guys in Montreal probably don't know anything. Tesla avoids information leaks by not telling anybody anything.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if they're cutting back on their sales/service capex. The recent hike in valet/ranger fees is a sign that they're tightening the belt. They're spending all their money on factories. I just hope they have a strategy for selling the Model 3 when it arrives, because they'll need a lot more scale in the store/service network to support it. Maybe they'll finally go to a dealership model...?

So I'm not taking an Ottawa location for granted. I've got my 8-year "anywhere plan" so I'm going to hold onto this car. The pre-autopilot adaptive cruise in the S60 loaner I just drove was very cool, but I'm not going to give up my service plan for that. Or for AWD. Or for ludicrous mode. Not when it'll cost me $600 every time I need service. Nope, not gonna happen.

I golfed with Mike the day he left Tesla and there was nothing insidious going on. He and a couple of other people started a new company which looks pretty interesting and I hope he's successful. From what he suggested there are now well over a 120 cars in the Ottawa area and said that our service centre is still a go. In fact he thought they were going to accelerate their plan to open up here but needed to find a new local rep first. Fingers crossed that this doesn't take too long.

Btw being in the right place at the right time, I got the referral for his car when he bought it :smile: which helps buy my winter tires in a few weeks. Woo hoo!

It also struck me as odd when they said the recently opened service station on Powell. Perhaps they meant the store on Robson. The Roadster interior is also an odd choice of picture but it doesn't look like a computer rendering to me.

You're probably right. I just thought it had the same look as the Model S design studio pics. The main point is that they used an image from a car that hasn't been on sale in years.