Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No contact, no resolution. I don't know what to do

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

I sincerely hope I can find someone or some way to have a resolution to my disastrous experience with Tesla. I have provided all the details below. I don't know what I can do to have a resolution from this point forward. I need help getting my full refund as soon as possible, as it is affecting my life, and I think someone in Tesla HQ should see all of this.

I bought my first Tesla, a supposedly “Tesla Certified Pre-Owned” Model 3, 2021, from the Glasgow branch on 13 March 2024. The person who delivered the car handed over the card keys, showed the extra mats and left. The car wasn’t cleaned properly too. That was awkward, but I also thought it was Tesla’s procedure. However, three days later, everything started to reveal.

1) The camera calibration had been recently reset before the delivery. This was presumably done with the knowledge that there were issues with the vehicle, as immediately after the calibration, the safety and autopilot features became unavailable due to defective cameras.
2)The left camera was becoming wholly black
3)The rear camera was blurry, and there were numerous scratches on the lens.
4) Even though the cameras, autopilot, and cruise control features were working occasionally, the car was making dangerous manoeuvres, thereby putting lives in danger.
5) The condensation on headlights, rear lights and cameras was significant. (I was informed that the condensation coverage under warranty would not be applied unless it exceeded 50%. This conclusion was reached without physically examining the vehicle, based solely on the photographs provided via service request.)
6) After being able to drive the car on the motorway, I realised there was deficient air and soundproofing from the windows. When I checked the windows closer the rubbers on two windows were not fitted.
7) Last but not least, I discovered the ugliest truth when I became familiar with the car. There was a phone (also remotely via app), and two more card keys (probably previous owner) had full access to my car all along.

None of the conditions were disclosed at the point of sale. I had to drive to Europe on 17 March 2024, which was a long before-planned business and leisure trip. Starting 16 March 2024, including phone calls and visiting the Tesla Centre, Glasgow, UK, the Tesla Centre, Edinburgh, UK and the Tesla Service Centre, Amsterdam, Netherlands, service request chat with Tesla Service Centre, Freiburg, Germany, and via e-mail to Tesla UK, Tesla US and Tesla NL. I couldn’t get any kind of response other than the service request I started. I was rejected to get a service from Tesla Service Centres in Amsterdam, Netherlands and Freiburg, Germany, even though the car was supposed to be under warranty.

After days of conversation via service request, I was able to reach out to make a service appointment with the Glasgow Tesla Centre on 3 April 2024. I prepared a document telling of the issues, not being able to contact anyone and any department from Tesla Corporation except the service request. I explicitly requested to return the car and refund as these are significant safety issues. The branch supervisor in Glasgow Tesla Centre admittedly accepted that there was a huge issue and the car shouldn’t have been delivered like that in the first place. However, first, they told me that they could not apply the ‘14-day Return Policy’ (as I could have the chance to come from Europe and they were open during the Easter Holiday) and that the issue could be evaluated under the ‘30-day Rejection’. Then, they agreed to apply a ‘14-day Return Policy’ as this case was exceptional. However, they also wanted to make a deduction for mileage, which I explicitly refused as I have done everything in my power not to escalate this issue to this point. So, on 3 April 2024, I filled out the forms and left the car in the Glasgow Tesla centre. Today, 11 April 2024, I haven’t received any e-mails from Tesla Corporation. More importantly, I am still waiting for the refund. I am not able to buy another car and am still paying more for the rental cars.

How many kms did you put on the car in the 14 days return window?

All of the problems started on 16 March 2024, and I had pre-scheduled trip to EU, starting at the night of 16 March 2024. On the same day contacted and went to Tesla Centre, Edinburgh and also Tesla Centre, Glasgow. No resolution. So when I returned the car it was a little bit over 3000 miles. However, the most important thing is, I was assured that the warranty will be applicable anywhere in the world, yet both Amsterdam and Freiburg service centres rejected as these are issues from the delivery.

This is a strange statement that doesn't align with how it works.

Following my message above, I was instructed to start a service request with Freiburg. Which took several days of conversation to redirect Glasgow. Then, another ridiculous period started as the rep focused and asked questions only about unrelated phantom breaks etc. issues like they didn’t even check all the details of the service request. Which it took several days the rep understand the real issues for the service request.

All in all, still waiting for a refund. Cannot buy a new car and still paying for rental car. Not a single word from corporation.

After days of conversation via service request, I was able to reach out to make a service appointment with the Glasgow Tesla Centre on 3 April 2024. I prepared a document telling of the issues, not being able to contact anyone and any department from Tesla Corporation except the service request.

Tesla doesn't provide conversation *without* a service appointment. You literally open the app, type in your address, and choose the service location plus date.

"days of conversation via service request" and THEN after DAYS being able to "reach out to make a service appointment" just doesn't fit how it actually works.

I'm not saying I don't believe what you're saying, but there are a lot of people who create accounts just to post false-negative experiences about Tesla. Certainly, Tesla isn't perfect and neither are their employees... but your account of what happened to you doesn't align with how things work. Just makes me a bit suspicious.

Perhaps you should post screenshots of your interactions with service from the app. That would be a *really* easy way to prove me wrong.

Reactions: rfmurphy81
What does the 30 day rejection legal language say (as opposed to the 14 day return)? 3/13 to 4/3 is greater than 14 days, AND you put more than 3000 miles on it. Those policies are there to prevent people from ordering cars and using them like a no charge rental asking for a refund. I know your circumstances warrants consideration, but according to the language I wouldn’t expect it. Hopefully Tesla will do a one off for you.

Look at it in this light, you used a car for almost 30 days AND put 3000 miles on it. Yes, you may not have gotten all the expected features, but it still worked. Paying a reasonable mileage charge for that isn’t the end of the world.

Hello everyone,

After days of conversation via service request, I was able to reach out to make a service appointment with the Glasgow Tesla Centre on 3 April 2024. I prepared a document telling of the issues, not being able to contact anyone and any department from Tesla Corporation except the service request. I explicitly requested to return the car and refund as these are significant safety issues. The branch supervisor in Glasgow Tesla Centre admittedly accepted that there was a huge issue and the car shouldn’t have been delivered like that in the first place. However, first, they told me that they could not apply the ‘14-day Return Policy’ (as I could have the chance to come from Europe and they were open during the Easter Holiday) and that the issue could be evaluated under the ‘30-day Rejection’. Then, they agreed to apply a ‘14-day Return Policy’ as this case was exceptional. However, they also wanted to make a deduction for mileage, which I explicitly refused as I have done everything in my power not to escalate this issue to this point. So, on 3 April 2024, I filled out the forms and left the car in the Glasgow Tesla centre. Today, 11 April 2024, I haven’t received any e-mails from Tesla Corporation. More importantly, I am still waiting for the refund. I am not able to buy another car and am still paying more for the rental cars.

Really? They tried to bend the rules and make you whole, but you refused it?

This is Tesla, if you want anything then create a Service Request, especially since this obviously needed one.

I don't know about UK laws, but here in the states, used cars are as-is.

Last edited: