Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Model 3 Highland - Heater stopped working after recent update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a brand new 2024 M3 back in Feb.

Used the heater for several weeks and all worked fine, just like my old 2021 M3. Warm/Hot air came on almost immediately when temp was set to 75 or 77. Never an issue in 2 prior model 3s I’ve owned.

That changed recently…

About 2 weeks ago, let’s say March 15, I downloaded an OTA update. I believe the update was 2024.8 (however, I’m not 100% sure, since there were 2 recent OTA updates)

*NOTE: March 14, the day prior to this, had my car serviced at Tesla Service for a steering wheel turn signal malfunction issue, probably unrelated to this… I hope.

The very next day, I turned the heater on as per usual on a night drive.

After 5-6 mins, I noticed the temperature was still cold and realized the air blowing from vents was cool and not warm.

I bumped up the temp to 80, and after 2 mins, still cool to lukewarm air. No HOT air.

Tried putting to max heat, HI and Fan to 7-8, still somewhat cool/lukewarm air. This is 15 mins into my drive.

Anyone else notice this?

This is the 3rd issue I’m having on this brand new 2024 car. Interesting.

I have an existing Mobile service appointment set for Apr 2nd for a fix to my steering wheel buttons.
When I add a 2nd concern to my mobile service, it now pushes my service date back a week and also changes location to Tesla Service location.

So, I may just keep the mobile appointment for now and maybe ask the tech when he arrives if he can have a look

What fix did they do for the steering wheel buttons?
Pretty simple - they want to replace the steering wheel.

I took it in for this issue 4 weeks ago. They said no mobile service allowed due to them having to perform voltage tests.

So, I took it in for service (3rd time on this 45 day old car) .... I waited 2 hours while they worked on my car in the service center.

2 hrs later, the tech tells me they have to re-schedule my appt. I asked why?

They said "sorry, we ordered the wrong steering wheel, your car is so new and we accidentally ordered the wrong part #."

No mention of any voltage tests and no print out summary of work performed. I'm pretty bummed they don't at least give me a print out of services performed, seems rather strange to just walk out without anything in writing of what the hell they did for 2 hrs.

So, they setup a new mobile service appt for me, which is now, April 2nd.

I will tell the tech that comes out here about my heater issue, lets see if he has any quick fix.