Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Regrets on Buying the 5 Seater

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sorry if this has been asked/answered but I can't find it searching...

If anyone has a 5 seat config and ordered it with the PUP is the second row perforated on the seats? On a 6 seat for example even though there aren't seat coolers they are still perforated for looks so I'm curious if that's still the case with only the 5?

If anyone has a 5 seat config and ordered it with the PUP is the second row perforated on the seats? On a 6 seat for example even though there aren't seat coolers they are still perforated for looks so I'm curious if that's still the case with only the 5?
From another thread, it appears they have removed all references to perforations or ventilation from the configurator. This may no longer be an issue.

Tesla specifications show the following:

Curb weight
90D 5271 lbs
P90D 5381 lbs

Model X Specifications

• Length 198.3"
  • Wheelbase 116.7"
  • Width 89.4"
    With mirrors folded 81.5"
  • Track Front 65.4", Rear 66.9"
  • Clearance 5.4" - 8.3"
  • Head room
    Front 41.7"
    Second Row 40.9"
    Third Row 37.1”
  • Leg room
    Front 41.2"
    Second Row 38.4"
    Third Row 32.7”
  • Shoulder room
    Front 60.7"
    Second Row 56.8"
    Third Row 40.0”
  • Hip room
    Front 55.6"
    Second Row 59.0"
    Third Row 38.5”
  • Seating capacity 7 adults
  • Total interior storage 88.1 cu ft in the five seat configuration
  • Curb weight
    90D 5271 lbs
    P90D 5381 lbs
  • Weight distribution
    90D Front 49%, Rear 51%
    P90D Front 48%, Rear 52%

The 1,300 lb difference between curb weight and Gross Weight for a 7 seater is the maximum limit for the weight of passengers and cargo. So if 7 adults assuming an average weight of 150 lbs equals 750 lbs for passengers which still allows for 550 lbs of cargo. Not sure what the combined Gross Weight Limit is if someone is towing 5,000 lbs. That might eat into the approximate 1,300 lbs limit for passengers and cargo. Does anyone have any specific information on the Combined Maximum Gross Weight (weight inside SUV plus towing a 5,000 lb Airstream travel trailer)?

The 1,300 lb difference between curb weight and Gross Weight for a 7 seater is the maximum limit for the weight of passengers and cargo. So if 7 adults assuming an average weight of 150 lbs equals 750 lbs for passengers which still allows for 550 lbs of cargo. Not sure what the combined Gross Weight Limit is if someone is towing 5,000 lbs. That might eat into the approximate 1,300 lbs limit for passengers and cargo. Does anyone have any specific information on the Combined Maximum Gross Weight (weight inside SUV plus towing a 5,000 lb Airstream travel trailer)?
Well, the trailer would be adding an additional 500 lbs of load to the car (the max tongue weight). I guess that would deduct 500lbs from the available load capacity for the car.

I'm sorry if this has been asked/answered but I can't find it searching...

I have the white PUP interior, the rear looks about the same. Sorry about evening pics, left pic is front.

IMG_2086.JPG IMG_2087.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: Screwbal
Does anyone have feedback on the comfort of the 2nd row in a 5-seat vs 6-seat option? My family says 6-seater seats are hard and narrow?
Wondering if the 5-seat option offers more padding.
I've had both but never sat much back there. Yer family observations rule, so let them try the 5 seater next. I find mine more versatile for several reasons. 6 seater pedestal arrangement is for sure the killer style I'll miss.

I've had both but never sat much back there. Yer family observations rule, so let them try the 5 seater next. I find mine more versatile for several reasons. 6 seater pedestal arrangement is for sure the killer style I'll miss.

Thanks for feedback, hard to find a 5-seater around, but I envy the extra space and total flat cargo area.

Since you had both, what about the HVAC in the 5-seater?

Does the single system cover the very rear adequately? Mostly concerned for dogs in the summer heat.

I'll add this note as a counter point.

I don't 'regret' buying the six seater but I regret not being aware of how dainty the trunk was due to the 3rd row of seats.

To make the third row as comfortable as possible, the sides are made of fairly soft material. That material is fully exposed when the seats are folded.

I damaged the leather and permanently scuffed the plastic within the first month of ownership.

The back of the rear captains chairs would be too but I protected those with a blanket right off the top. It was obvious (even to me) that those would get scratched should I brake fast and a box jolt forward.

So, be careful if you do buy the third row and load things back there.

To make the third row as comfortable as possible, the sides are made of fairly soft material. That material is fully exposed when the seats are folded.

I damaged the leather and permanently scuffed the plastic within the first month of ownership.

When was your X built? They changed the design of the 3rd row when they introduced the 5-seater (which sounds odd, but they happened about the same time). The soft pads near the elbows of the 3rd row passengers are now gone and those body panels are more recessed to provide both more elbow room for the 3rd row passengers in the 6/7 seaters, but also to make a larger cargo volume for the 5 seaters. There are pictures on this thread: New rear space design (end of hope for cargo cover?)

Does anyone have feedback on the comfort of the 2nd row in a 5-seat vs 6-seat option? My family says 6-seater seats are hard and narrow?
Wondering if the 5-seat option offers more padding.
I have a 5 seater and when traveling from Phila to Charlotte late last year, I thought it was comfortable. The seats also tilt back a bit. I like the 6 seater style but the extra space in the 5 seater is great.