Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ALL CyberTruck discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What the payload capacity of the 3? S? X? Around 1100#?

Perhaps many folks don’t tow. I do and have needed a tow-capable vehicle for the past 20 years. Biggest mistake was thinking the Honda Pilot, with a #4500 towing capacity, would work. Heck, the boat ramp I use most often is a shallow slope, I almost need to back in where my rear tires are almost under water completely. If I used an X or a 3, chances are water would pour into the car.

If we’re talking purchasing a vehicle capable of towing and carrying “stuff,” - it’s rather clear that the best vehicle (currently) isn’t a 3, or an X.

With the 3.5L ecoboost, I’d be able to carry 5 adults, 300+ pounds of gear, and pull a 7500# wakeboard boat. none of the other vehicles discussed comes close.

That is a good point, the pickup is likely to have good ground clearance. probably with adjustable height air suspension.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
LOL! I live in TX and I'm planning to order unless I hate something I see at the event tomorrow. I'd love a Canyonero edition :D

I think the Canyonero Edition would consume 980 Wh/mile and take 8.8 seconds to reach 60 mph. It would also emit toxic gasses from a 4" diameter pipe whenever it was turned on (regardless if it were moving or not). Oh, and ;)in the winter you would have to let the toxic gas emitter function for 8 minutes before you could defrost the windshield or begin to heat the cabin.

Without these "features" it just wouldn't be a "Canyonero".

I think the Canyonero Edition would consume 980 Wh/mile and take 8.8 seconds to reach 60 mph. It would also emit toxic gasses from a 4" diameter pipe whenever it was turned on (regardless if it were moving or not). Oh, and ;)in the winter you would have to let the toxic gas emitter function for 8 minutes before you could defrost the windshield or begin to heat the cabin.

Without these "features" it just wouldn't be a "Canyonero".

I can just imagine someone getting their Cybrtrk and making it a Canyonero edition by sticking a fog machine into the Frunk and under the bed.

The CYBRTRK is being designed/built for use on the moon or Mars, no special design changes needed. They might put a lock on the "Fresh air" setting.

Yes, all Musk companies are part of the Mars/Multi-Planet mission -- Space X for rockets, Tesla for ground vehicles, Boring Company for digging ice and shelters, Gigafactory for energy storages, etc., etc.

The Cybertruck is a Mars Buggy that we can buy and drive on earth, pretty cool to me.

If we are speculating on "something extra". my hunch is 2 Cybertrucks, one carrying a Plaid Model S in the bed, the other carrying a Plaid Model X
If the truck is big enough to carry these 2 models, it can carry all other Tesla cars, and a lot of other things as well....

If not carrying, perhaps towing and the Plaid models could be covered for later reveal

My thinking on Plaid Model S/X is design work has been going on in parallel with ring' testing...

The next round on ring' testing with be with prototypes having the final body shape.... or closer to it.

• Helpful
TBH I think revealing the plaid will be *meh*. A trivial percentage of speedfreaks may get excited, but how many plaid model S/X do we ever expect tesla to sell?
I'll trade plaid everything reveal for video of the M3 being produced in real time at GF3.

Reactions: JRP3
TBH I think revealing the plaid will be *meh*. A trivial percentage of speedfreaks may get excited, but how many plaid model S/X do we ever expect tesla to sell?
I'll trade plaid everything reveal for video of the M3 being produced in real time at GF3.

My guess is Plaid Model S/X 20,000 per year, regular Model S/X 50,000-100,000 per year.

Plaid is more important as a high end Halo car, they would give the specs/ times for Plaid..

The Pickup may have a few different modes or accessories.

IMO if they are doing something extra, it is best something they can sell, otherwise they just need some some sort of load or something they can tow, even if only on video.

• Informative
Tesla revealed an unconventional truck that is unlikely to resonate with conventional consumers. Who is this truck for? Weirdos? Why does Tesla not release reservation numbers? Are they afraid for the market to see that there is no demand? That the hopes of Elon Musk that consumers share his sci-fi vision are utterly destroyed when faced the reality of hard working farmers needing a day-to-day honest truck that only Ford can provide?
Farmers are basically businessmen. If you can show them how to do things faster/cheaper/better, they don't give a rat's *** what it looks like. How many combines are sold on style?