Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adios: Stepping back from TMC and likely Tesla in general

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The long distance electric car project sounds amazing. I hope your servers can take the load. Watching your home storage project has been amazing journey.

I don't know if anyone has made a car with over 100 kwh of storage, but if anyone could, you'd be it.

I know there are some very obnoxious people around and especially in these Forums. Luckily most of them are not even Tesla car owners. I know because I have met a lot of owners at superchargers. Someone who is interested in Solar and electric cars have my vote (I have had a 4.7Kw solar array since 2007). It is my dream to drive electric. @wk057, you have my ultimate admiration with the array size you have. I found this Forum a lot better than others, you certainly contributed more than most. We have a saying in England "Don't let the B*****Ds wear you down"

So apparently this thread and my absence hasn't deterred these idiots from harassing me. My personal cell phone is currently going crazy receiving about one SMS per second reading, "You've got no balls!" (among other things) followed by random characters. And they're coming from random spoofed numbers. At this point I've alerted the relevant authorities and have filed a formal complaint. I've also set my phone to ignore SMS from non-contacts, since that's about my only option at the moment (changing my number would really suck).

WK057, thank's for your valuable input here at TMC.

Hope you continue to contribute here.

It is not acceptable to personally attack people.
This is simply unbeliveable:
... My personal cell phone is currently going crazy receiving about one SMS per second reading, "You've got no balls!" (among other things) followed by random characters...

In case someone is doing this intentionally I wonder what the real obiectives might be?!

All the best,

EV-Enthusiast

wk057,

Thanks for all the info and support you have given to the legit community here at TMC. I too look forward to hearing more about your storage project. I have really enjoyed and been educated with each new post. Again, thank you.

Peace,

Father Bill

So apparently this thread and my absence hasn't deterred these idiots from harassing me. My personal cell phone is currently going crazy receiving about one SMS per second reading, "You've got no balls!" (among other things) followed by random characters. And they're coming from random spoofed numbers. At this point I've alerted the relevant authorities and have filed a formal complaint. I've also set my phone to ignore SMS from non-contacts, since that's about my only option at the moment (changing my number would really suck).
What a mess. It's a shame, really, as your technical posts have been fantastic and I've kept tabs on many of your threads over the past year or two. It's always sad to lose a valuable member, but especially so when poor behavior is the cause.

Best of luck getting some peace and with the projects you have in progress.

It is sad to see this thread even start, from anybody. Perhaps a competing forum to this one will emerge with real moderation that would stop harassment before it gets to this stage.

Thanks for the great info. I know that I speak for many when I say that your contributions are some of the best.

It is sad to see this thread even start, from anybody. Perhaps a competing forum to this one will emerge with real moderation that would stop harassment before it gets to this stage.

Thanks for the great info. I know that I speak for many when I say that your contributions are some of the best.

I have no idea what would motivate someone to harass wk057 like this. It's sick.

However as someone who has moderated some other forums, once someone gets a person's contact information outside of the forum, there is essentially nothing a moderator can do to stop them. The moderator's jurisdiction stops at the boundary of the forum. wk057 doesn't know who is doing the harassment, it's doubtful the forum moderators/management could figure out who it is either. It's possible the person doing the harassment never joined the forum. It's possible the stalker knows about wk057 from somewhere off the forum and has been stalking him all over the net for some unknown reason. Though the fact the stalking started with messages about the forum, I would guess the person started here.

wk057 might have some criminal or civil remedies. Different states have different laws on cyber stalking and I believe there is a federal law about it now. But someone would have to figure out who it is first. It might be worth getting a bit of advice from a lawyer who has experience in these types of cases.

As it's been stated before, I'm really sorry that a few idiots have caused you so much grief. I just wanted to let you know that I stumbled onto your solar build thread yesterday and spent WAY TOO much time reading through it. I wouldn't say it was time wasted (my employer may); but besides being incredibly interesting, you're providing all of us with a level of knowledge and discovery that we couldn't find anywhere else. I'm sincerely impressed and applaud you for what you've done.

Definitely should point out that this definitely is not the fault of the moderators, especially considering some of the issues are outside the boundaries of the forum.

While I think some of the threads where the arguments just keep going in circles, and get no where, could use a little more moderation (or just closed maybe) I don't blame the moderators for the actions of other members.

For now I'll just put on my tinfoil hat and just say it's big oil. :p

You don't mention which authorities. In case you hadn't considered: there could easily be federal involvement. FCC for the telecoms angle. It's likely that the harassment is happening inter-state: FBI. If any of the messages threaten you or your family: FBI again.

Sorry for your pain. I generally support anonymity as an option, but in some people it brings out their worst nature along with their cowardice. Easy to be brave when hiding behind random phone numbers.

My personal cell phone is currently going crazy receiving about one SMS per second reading, "You've got no balls!" (among other things) followed by random characters.

The level of disconnect and distortion required to harass with things like these from behind the protection of being anonymous is simply staggering. And the tedious explaination of "I know what I'm doing, I'm just trolling" is really just a poor excuse for a complete lack of adequacy, capacity for logical thinking and a lot more things.

I sincerely hope the authorities would be able to crack down on behaviour like that a lot more, and I'm sick of people saying "lol if it offends you, you're too weak." It's a bit like saying you shouldn't start bleeding just because you were stabbed with a knife. You'd think with the huge amounts of cash going into online surveillance, tracking down people like that would take only a few minutes. ...anyway, rant over.

Really sorry to see you leave like that, wk, but I understand your reasoning. Honestly, after your stance on the "P85D losing power on the road after software update", I've always considered you to be very, very lenient towards things Tesla screw up. So having people bomb you for "not being enough of a Tesla fan" is bull****.

Thank you for your insightful posts and showing us the insides of a Tesla Battery pack. Working in a university institute focused on battery technology, they have been most insightful indeed. So long, and I hope your energy will forever be provided solely by Sol.