Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Protection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just bought a Model Y 7-seater, and I don't see a mega-thread that discusses various aftermarket options for protecting the car. Off the top of my head, these are some of the things I might want to protect the vehicle;

• Clear film to protect paint
  • Ceramic wax to wick water/dirt away from paint
  • Rubber floor mats
  • Seat covers
What other protective items might one consider? What areas of the interior or exterior are most susceptible to wear or damage?

I see protective films for around the door handles, but then I wonder how much wear that area gets considering you don't use a physical key? What areas are recommended to cover with a clear protective film?

I'd like a seat cover for the 2nd row to keep kids messes out of the crack between the seat and seatback, and generally protect from a child seat. All the covers I'm finding are a single piece, and it isn't clear to me if one seat can be moved forward and the other can be in the rear position at the same time.

I'm sure there's good threads on each individual topic, but I'm wanting a centralized thread that links to those other topics of interest, or product pages.

I'm picking up my Model Y long range 7-seater this Saturday April 13. I got a heck of a deal with $5,400 off of the custom configuration price, but I'm having to drive ~300 miles round trip to pick it up at a different location. I'm fortunate to get the Oregon $7500 and Federal $7500 rebates. I'm also looking for advice for
- mud flaps (is it worth adding rear flaps? Vugosson vs Basenor vs others? I purchased 3DMax in my M3).

- floor protection (3DMax vs Taptes vs Basenor),

- front windshield sunshade (purchased "BASENOR for 2016-2024 Tesla Model Y Model 3 Windshield Sunshade Folding Front Window Sun Shade Cover Heat Protection Visor", and use a ridged fold out type in my M3)

- top window sunshade (Teslarati $79.99 vs BASENOR vs TopFit )

- other recommend Model Y accessories.

I am planning on getting PPF for the front, rocker panels under the door, and tinting for windshield and 2 side windows, but haven't yet pulled the trigger on which installers. One offers SunTek Ultra and the other offers some version of XPEL. I presume all of the accessory options are already discussed in other threads. I'm looking forward to any other advice or feedback on add-on products.

Just bought a Model Y 7-seater, and I don't see a mega-thread that discusses various aftermarket options for protecting the car. Off the top of my head, these are some of the things I might want to protect the vehicle;

• Clear film to protect paint
  • Ceramic wax to wick water/dirt away from paint
  • Rubber floor mats
  • Seat covers
What other protective items might one consider? What areas of the interior or exterior are most susceptible to wear or damage?

I see protective films for around the door handles, but then I wonder how much wear that area gets considering you don't use a physical key? What areas are recommended to cover with a clear protective film?

I'd like a seat cover for the 2nd row to keep kids messes out of the crack between the seat and seatback, and generally protect from a child seat. All the covers I'm finding are a single piece, and it isn't clear to me if one seat can be moved forward and the other can be in the rear position at the same time.

I'm sure there's good threads on each individual topic, but I'm wanting a centralized thread that links to those other topics of interest, or product pages.
There may not be a mega thread, but there are probably dozens discussing each of the items that you listed.

I'm having to drive ~300 miles round trip to pick it up at a different location. I'm fortunate to get the Oregon $7500 and Federal $7500 rebates.

Where in Oregon are you driving 300 miles to pick up a vehicle? That's like corner to corner.

What's this $7,500 Oregon rebate? The DEQ website advertised $2,500; or $5,000 if you're low income (generally precluding the federal tax subsidy).