Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior Door Protection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After many years with my 2019 M3, I just got a new MY and I want to protect the lower interior of the driver's side door. I always kick that part of the door to get the door open. I often have things in my hand and it's just easier to do that. I made a minor mess of my M3's door. The fabric started to separate from the door and it just looked bad. Would like to not have that happen to my MY. I see there are products out there meant to cover that entire area of all four doors with some kind of film. They're not cheap and they universally don't get good reviews. I don't care what it looks like, and just want to slap a piece of black or clear film to protect the door where my foot always hits it--it's the same place every time. Can anyone suggest a material:

1) that has adhesive on one side that will stick and remain stuck
2) that has anything on the other side that won't look ridiculous, and will provide some basic protection against my shoe
3) that I can remove without ruining the material already covering the interior of the door (So something that won't leave permanent goop or otherwise hard the pre-existing material.)

Many thanks!

This is an example of what I'm talking about. There are no reviews of this product so I have no idea if it works well. Other similar products on Amazon get poor reviews.

I don't need it to cover the whole area. I just need to protect about 20 square inches in the middle of the door, as highlighted in red in the attached image.

DoorProtectionArea.jpg