Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024.8 shafted with FSD trial?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am also very disappointed in Tesla. I haven't received the update either. Still on v11.1. My lease is ending in September and now I'm looking elsewhere. Until now, I was absolutely certain on another Tesla MY. I am re thinking my choices.
"11.1" is the UI version - your vehicle's software version is the first set of numerals inside the parentheses - starting with the year. For example, my M3 is on software branch 2024.8.9. The only Tesla that has a different UI number at the moment is the Cybertruck.

Reactions: uscbucsfan
"11.1" is the UI version - your vehicle's software version is the first set of numerals inside the parentheses - starting with the year. For example, my M3 is on software branch 2024.8.9. The only Tesla that has a different UI number at the moment is the Cybertruck.
They really should put the UI version in a different place, but this is correct.

No one has FSD 11.1, no one. It wasn't even released to the fleet.

There are some MX and MS showing up now on TeslaFi...
Screenshot 2024-05-11 at 4.46.08 AM.jpg

• Love
Reactions: cptnslo and byeLT4
I am also very disappointed in Tesla. I haven't received the update either. Still on v11.1. My lease is ending in September and now I'm looking elsewhere. Until now, I was absolutely certain on another Tesla MY. I am re thinking my choices.
Same here. I highly doubt I’ll buy another Tesla after this FSD free trial thing. The whole thing was shady and miscommunicated. They finally put a communication piece out on the Tesla website telling the details of who would get it. Interesting, it doesn’t give a date, just the fsd version needed. https://www.tesla.com/support/articles/30-day-fsd-trial This site wasn’t up to start with. Now the question is, do I update and find out it’s the 12.4 fsd that will get the next free trial? Then be sol again. As a customer, I should never be in this situation. If the company can’t communicate, then I can no longer purchase. I’m sure if I took a Tesla and told them I would pay but didn’t communicate that it would only be $3 and on the third day of the third month, they wouldn’t be cool with that. I’m guessing the police would find me at some point.

Same here. I highly doubt I’ll buy another Tesla after this FSD free trial thing. The whole thing was shady and miscommunicated. They finally put a communication piece out on the Tesla website telling the details of who would get it. Interesting, it doesn’t give a date, just the fsd version needed. https://www.tesla.com/support/articles/30-day-fsd-trial This site wasn’t up to start with. Now the question is, do I update and find out it’s the 12.4 fsd that will get the next free trial? Then be sol again. As a customer, I should never be in this situation. If the company can’t communicate, then I can no longer purchase. I’m sure if I took a Tesla and told them I would pay but didn’t communicate that it would only be $3 and on the third day of the third month, they wouldn’t be cool with that. I’m guessing the police would find me at some point.
“I should never be in this situation, doubt I’ll buy another Tesla”. Seriously? This wasn’t Owed it was gifted. Free. So much entitlement in the community. They aren’t offering a solution to keep a wheel from falling off it’s a Free software trial. If all cars were the exact same sure easy problem but they are Not. It’s not a recall it’s a Free offer. Take a breath.

“I should never be in this situation, doubt I’ll buy another Tesla”. Seriously? This wasn’t Owed it was gifted. Free. So much entitlement in the community. They aren’t offering a solution to keep a wheel from falling off it’s a Free software trial. If all cars were the exact same sure easy problem but they are Not. It’s not a recall it’s a Free offer. Take a breath.
I’m not entitled. I didn’t ask for, nor did I want it. It’s simple, don’t say you’ll do something, then not deliver. That’s the issue most people have. It’s about character, let downs, and lack of follow through. If your significant other promised to do things but never did, at some point you’ll dismiss them as being reliable. They don’t owe you and their promises are as you put it, gifted. Still, at some point the lack of follow through would be a pain point for most. All take, no action.

Not sure if there is any truth to this but some folks are saying only newer cars with the AMD chip are receiving the updates. I have a 2020 MY and it just checked for an update and nada. Now I gotta wait another 24 hours to see if tomorrow is any different.
Based on the current stats on TeslaFi there is likely truth to that. Only MY 2022 and newer and M3 2022 and newer have got the 8.9 to 14.6 update so far. Also only 2023 MS/MX.