Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the next update from 2024.8.7?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been doing some light reading and there are different branches for Tesla updates?

There's a 2024 branch and a 2023 branch? It seems the 2023 branch has gotten FSD 12 while the 2024 branch is still stuck on FSD 11?

If you had FSD or a FSD trial active you most likely were on the old 2023 version and then got the new 2023 update pushing you to FSD 12?
If you did not have FSD then you got pushed to the 2024 branch?

I updated to 2024.8.7 before realizing this. I probably should have stayed on 2023 and waited for the update to FSD 12 so I could get the trial?

It is 4 days into April and I'm wondering what is next for 2024.8.7. Will there be another updating bringing me to FSD 12 so I can use the trial before April ends? Or am I just out of luck?

Unfortunately, Tesla isn't too clear about this whole FSD 12 free month trial

I've been doing some light reading and there are different branches for Tesla updates?

There's a 2024 branch and a 2023 branch? It seems the 2023 branch has gotten FSD 12 while the 2024 branch is still stuck on FSD 11?

If you had FSD or a FSD trial active you most likely were on the old 2023 version and then got the new 2023 update pushing you to FSD 12?

I updated to 2024.8.7 before realizing this. I probably should have stayed on 2023 and waited for the update to FSD 12 so I could get the trial?

It is 4 days into April and I'm wondering what is next for 2024.8.7. Will there be another updating bringing me to FSD 12 so I can use the trial before April ends? Or am I just out of luck?

Your one month free trial should begin once you install a 12.x version of FSD. Until then, be patient.

Reactions: CapsEngineer
It seems the 2023 branch has gotten FSD 12 while the 2024 branch is still stuck on FSD 11?

FSD v12 is on the 2024 branch as of March 27th. v12.3.2.1 is on 2024.3.6 and v12.3.3 is on 2024.3.10. You can track software versions here.

Unfortunately you said you are on 2024.8.7, and Tesla will not roll your car back to a lower software revision, so you will have to wait until FSD v12 shows up on 2024.8.x or later.

I don't believe the 30 day trial is confined to the month of April only. I believe it starts once your car receives a version of FSD 12.

• Helpful
Reactions: JB47394 and Bacalao
That site definitely makes it easier to view which is the next update for the software you are on. Much easier to understand than the other sites I found through google.

How do I find which FSD the update has on the website?
TeslaFi shows the FSD version in red text next to the update version number, but unfortunately this information is missing in many cases. All updates have some version of FSD, but if the version isn’t shown, I would assume it’s a FSD v11.x version.

How do I find which FSD the update has on the website?
That is a bit more difficult. The problem is, all the firmware tracking sites tend to show the releases in descending numeric order and not chronological order.

For example, the 2024.8.x branch is numerically newer than 2024.3.x, but 2024.8.x was first released on March 12 whereas the 2024.3.x branch was first released on March 26th. 2024.3.x introduced FSD v12.x, so that means 2024.8.x would still have FSD v11.x because its chronologically older despite being numerically newer. (2023.44.30.x also introduced FSD v12 and it is numerically much older than 2024.x but chronologically came out 2 days before 2024.3.x) Clear as mud?

• Informative
Reactions: SageBrush

I’m wondering the same thing and I wouldn’t put it past them to forget about us. On another thread a Tesla employee said subscribe to FSD and that should get it to the correct version. It didn’t. If we were going to get the thing I would assume that Tesla would have reps aware of what to tell people on branch 8. For now I think it’s a media stunt and they basically put who they could on the trial and the rest are SOL. Does anyone really think in 6 months or whatever when they maybe finally merge the stuff that Elon will still be thinking about this? The YouTubers and media will have long moved on from it.

I agree. If the trial doesn't come out to .8.x people this week, I think it's not coming. It seems a good number of people are already on the trial, so there probably aren't a huge number of people left out and it's not too important to them. That's life with Tesla.

I doubt a Tesla employee would post on this forum. They could get in trouble for posting unapproved content. But in regards to subscribing, that would most likely just enable FSD 11.4.9 on the vehicle, instead of dropping the vehicle back to a 2024.3.x or lower firmware.

I agree. If the trial doesn't come out to .8.x people this week, I think it's not coming. It seems a good number of people are already on the trial, so there probably aren't a huge number of people left out and it's not too important to them. That's life with Tesla.

I doubt a Tesla employee would post on this forum. They could get in trouble for posting unapproved content. But in regards to subscribing, that would most likely just enable FSD 11.4.9 on the vehicle, instead of dropping the vehicle back to a 2024.3.x or lower firmware.
Sorry, my bad on the wording, on another forum thread, they reported that a tesla employee said to subscribe and it would get them the trial, but all it did was as you said, got them FSD on the 11.4.9.