Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model S Road Noise?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a December 2014 P85D and it has always been noisy inside the cab and that is from the tires. The Michelin Pilot Sports were the worst. The Continentals are much quieter, but overall the car is much, much noisier than my 3-series BMW. I want a new Model S, but I'm thinking that after 8 years of an EV I might have to go back to a gas car and that is extremely disappointing. I like the EV ride and torque and all that, but I want a ride where I can listen to the radio when I'm driving on the highway. The car is just too noisy. I had heard the new Model S was quiet, but after reading the forums, I don't know.
The new Model S is loads quieter than a first gen. I have 2015 P90DL and test drove a 2023 Plaid late November. One of the first things we noticed while on the rd was how much quiter the new gen was vs our 2015. The differences are leaps and bounds better. The double plane glass, active noise cancelling, way better of an overall build, are all factors in makin this car quieter than a Gen 1. Once again, you're seeing personal preferences concentrated on the forums. Stating "able to listen to the radio on the hwy" sounds like a bit of an exaggeration, but I do not know YOUR car, and can only base it off the ones I have owned and driven.

Thanks for your confirmation biased research. So helpful.
Oh my, THANK YOU for setting me straight!

All those pesky scientists making all that climate science up--I was so easily fooled . . . .

Could you please provide your links to legitimate, NON-kook, websites advising the truth? That we CAN dump unlimited amounts of GHG's because chemistry and physics aren't really "science" and the so-called "scientists" are just shills for George Soros, Al Gore, and Hillary Clinton.

We'll all be waiting so please provide your sources ASAP!

Thank you so much for setting us straight--this forum is so informative with erudite posters such as yourself!

Oh my, THANK YOU for setting me straight!

All those pesky scientists making all that climate science up--I was so easily fooled . . . .

Could you please provide your links to legitimate, NON-kook, websites advising the truth? That we CAN dump unlimited amounts of GHG's because chemistry and physics aren't really "science" and the so-called "scientists" are just shills for George Soros, Al Gore, and Hillary Clinton.

We'll all be waiting so please provide your sources ASAP!

Thank you so much for setting us straight--this forum is so informative with erudite posters such as yourself!
I'll wade into this swamp once. If we want to be charitable I think we can postulate that current "climate emergency" is driven by genuine concern because alternative is profit and when did humans do anything for profit? Anyway, the "climate emergency" is based on the models and so it happens we had really good front seat to how good these models are during pandemic.

Models rely in predicting the complex future, we are not good at predicting the future. 2022 Nobel Physics Laureate Dr. John Clauser noted 2 big problems with current model based climate emergency. First, the models do not include clouds which provide a natural thermostat that regulates the earth's temperature with a powerful negative feedback effect. The clouds have dramatic temperature-stabilizing feedback which he says is more than fifty times as powerful as the radiative forcing effect of CO2.

CO2 is necessary for life on earth and plants consume it and emit oxygen during this process. Increased CO2 results in increased green coverage on planet.

Second none of the models are able to model climate retroactively. That is concerning. Until model can retroactively model the climate its useless as model. It means it does not work!

There is little bit about these points here and here.

I don't think anybody would deny climate change, it changes all the time, people have problems with declared climate emergency. I also think nobody is for dumping poison into the atmosphere and environment. What should also give you a pause is that voices opposed to the "climate emergency" are silenced which is sure way to know the strength of the "climate emergency" argument.

• Informative
Reactions: TLLMRRJ and dn325ci

Do a search on "Alzheimer Fraud." Short story version: 2 dudes were under a lot of career pressure to put out their research paper on the root cause of Alzheimer. In 2006, they published their scientific results with proof in the form of brain scans that they photoshopped. Since 2006, over 2,000 research teams used their results as the starting point for their research to find a cure. It was all a lie. Anyone in the scientific community that tried to expose the lie was cancelled, but the truth finally came out. Much of the research on this condition that affects so many was stunted by these 2 bozos just trying to protect their careers. Imagine the money on the line with climate change.

Everything you believe is based on lies.

Do a search on "Alzheimer Fraud." Short story version: 2 dudes were under a lot of career pressure to put out their research paper on the root cause of Alzheimer. In 2006, they published their scientific results with proof in the form of brain scans that they photoshopped. Since 2006, over 2,000 research teams used their results as the starting point for their research to find a cure. It was all a lie. Anyone in the scientific community that tried to expose the lie was cancelled, but the truth finally came out. Much of the research on this condition that affects so many was stunted by these 2 bozos just trying to protect their careers. Imagine the money on the line with climate change.

It was a leading hypothesis and probably did set back years of alternate research avenues, but it was never taken as fact except perhaps in the laymen community. I am not aware of anyone who was canceled over exploring alternative hypotheses for Alzheimer’s.

Wow, to think someone posting here, with the financial acumen to purchase a Tesla (in the past), could have such a warped view of climate science because of . . . this.

Scary, just plain scary, how so many have been so easily fooled, by so few, with so very, very little.

Our species may not deserve this beautiful planet after all given the level of intelligence, or lack thereof, prevenient among so many in our species.

So I AGAIN make the request:

PLEASE POST YOUR LINKS TO LEGITIMATE, non-kook, WEBSITES ADVISING THAT WE CAN DUMP UNLIMITED AMOUNTS OF GHG's WITH NO WORRY WHATSOEVER.

(Or are physics and chemistry all a plot/scam too?)

It was a leading hypothesis and probably did set back years of alternate research avenues, but it was never taken as fact except perhaps in the laymen community. I am not aware of anyone who was canceled over exploring alternative hypotheses for Alzheimer’s.

Wow, to think someone posting here, with the financial acumen to purchase a Tesla (in the past), could have such a warped view of climate science because of . . . this.

Scary, just plain scary, how so many have been so easily fooled, by so few, with so very, very little.

Our species may not deserve this beautiful planet after all given the level of intelligence, or lack thereof, prevenient among so many in our species.

So I AGAIN make the request:

PLEASE POST YOUR LINKS TO LEGITIMATE, non-kook, WEBSITES ADVISING THAT WE CAN DUMP UNLIMITED AMOUNTS OF GHG's WITH NO WORRY WHATSOEVER.

(Or are physics and chemistry all a plot/scam too?)

Listen to Elon. He said your condition is a mind virus. He is right. You can do your own googles that will explain how you have been duped. But just go back to watching The View. 🤣🤣🤣

• Funny
Reactions: teko
Have fun with your piece of crap.
1701824562261.jpeg

Where do you get your misinformation? Everything I said was correct. Researches that didn't go along with the lie (aka party line, just like there's a climate change party line/lie) had their funding pulled, which exactly amounts to cancelling in the research community. Think about it. What happens to your career as a researcher when your funding is taken away so you can't do any research?? Duh. Here, this video will help educate you.

Where do you get your misinformation? Everything I said was correct. Researches that didn't go along with the lie (aka party line, just like there's a climate change party line/lie) had their funding pulled, which exactly amounts to cancelling in the research community. Think about it. What happens to your career as a researcher when your funding is taken away so you can't do any research?? Duh. Here, this video will help educate you.

With a Houston location, perhaps you're just blind to the planetary-scale risks because that's where your pay check comes from? Pulling fossil fuels out of the ground is mind-blowingly lucrative. Are you part of, or tangential to, the $11,000,000,000 (that's ELEVEN BILLION DOLLARS in DAILY PROFITS for the global fossil fuel industry folks--see link below), by having some small part of that washing into your bank account once or twice a month?

It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.
--Upton Sinclair

Or perhaps you're just sooooo deep down the Fox "News" and OneAmericaNetwork conspiracy rabbit holes that you can't be saved? Is this your motto: "Don't bother me with the facts--my mind is made up!"

“Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.”​

― Winston S. Churchill

For all the sane, educated, and informed readers here, this post is cautionary--this is what we are dealing with: a March of the Morons that can't/won't be swayed by facts. They're ripe for the picking when the fossil fuel industry hacks post Commentary, Opinion, and Editorials in various sources that then get converted into "facts" by the hopelessly gullible.

There is a stunning 3-part documentary series that explains how and why on Frontline, with much of the material from those that pulled it off (a few feel just a bit guilty for destroying our only planet--imagine that):

Thus, it is INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT for the rest of us, those without a box of rocks between our ears, to ACT. "ACT" means: EV's in the garage, removing the methane meter at the side of your house, and solar panels on your roof, as a start . . . .

Why? Because WE have to make up for the billions in the March of the Morons that will do NOTHING to mitigate our planet's largest existential threat. Instead, they hasten our demise.

They have no facts, nothing to support their position, just conspiracy theories and myths, and those bring them comfort to do absolutely nothing . . . .

It's all on US, the non-kooks, the non-gullible, the non-morons, to leave a usable planet for future generations.

Thanks, and please ensure others in your circles are aware of the burden of intelligence, knowledge, and wisdom--we MUST convert our awareness into ACTION.

Thanks.

Source:

Last edited:
Take the climate talk somewhere else. Filling the thread with unrelated bullshit
Yes, of course.

It's only the ENTIRE REASON that Tesla exists, and it's "bullshit?"

And we have a poster here that so hates Tesla that he's purchased a GHG-spewing Jaguar, and then posted about why it's swell to dump GHG's forever because chemistry and physics are all some sort of hoax or scam . . . .

Thank you for our insightful, erudite addition to this thread.

Bringing it back to road noise, I used the Decibel X app on my phone to get a reading on local roads, recorded 68-70 db on our 2023 MS. Our Lexus SUV recorded 58-62 db on the same roads. On a well-paved freeway though, it drops down to 65 for the MS at least but seems like there’s some room for improvement here.

Anyone have some advice on DIY sound deadening? Most of it comes from the wheel wells it seems, less so wind.

Reactions: NikolaWasRight