Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Q2 Prediction Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do we know which half in July the fremont factory will be shut down for installing the 2nd production line? It looks to me the factory is still open in the 1st half of July. See posts from delivery thread:
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...elivery-Update?p=696043&viewfull=1#post696043
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...elivery-Update?p=696062&viewfull=1#post696062

Is that possible TM will delay the schedule of 2nd line installation to August or even September?

Maoing. I am not sure. I did read somewhere on TMC that the closing my be near the end of the month. I agree that it could not be closed right now based on future orders being 'in production' right now with delivery dates later in the month.

May be an interesting couple weeks till the Q2ER call.

Assume the Q2 ER will be 1st week of August, what if there is no GF ground breaking and no 2nd production line installation by then? I feel it's quite possible even the odd is still low as of now.

Maoing. I am not sure. I did read somewhere on TMC that the closing my be near the end of the month. I agree that it could not be closed right now based on future orders being 'in production' right now with delivery dates later in the month.

May be an interesting couple weeks till the Q2ER call.

Do we know which half in July the fremont factory will be shut down for installing the 2nd production line? It looks to me the factory is still open in the 1st half of July. See posts from delivery thread:
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...elivery-Update?p=696043&viewfull=1#post696043
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...elivery-Update?p=696062&viewfull=1#post696062

Is that possible TM will delay the schedule of 2nd line installation to August or even September?
Supposedly someone's DS said July 21st I don't remember what thread I saw that on.

Now I am on a mission to try to see if the factory is open/closed for bringing the second line up and running. Got run around a bit (transferred a total of 5 times) with my call to TM headquarters with each person indicating they did not know the answer to this question. Anyone have a good phone number for investor relations or the Freemont factory? neither is published over at the TM forum site.

Thanks Al

Now I am on a mission to try to see if the factory is open/closed for bringing the second line up and running. Got run around a bit (transferred a total of 5 times) with my call to TM headquarters with each person indicating they did not know the answer to this question. Anyone have a good phone number for investor relations or the Freemont factory? neither is published over at the TM forum site.

Thanks Al
No contact info but someone in this thread says they were told the end of this week:
Will your Model S come early | Forums | Tesla Motors

PM DaveT. He should have the email of investor relationship.

Thanks Al

Thanks Al

Yes, please let us know what you find out

Yes, please let us know what you find out
So, far I have 'heresay' reports that it will shut down next week. Heresay=TMC and TM forum posts. NO official TM word...yet

OK....EDIT: Just got off the phone with a DS that I know: NO specific exact time and date but they have been told expect it to be the last two weeks of July.
:wink:

Last edited:
So, far I have 'heresay' reports that it will shut down next week. Heresay=TMC and TM forum posts. NO official TM word...yet

OK....EDIT: Just got off the phone with a DS that I know: NO specific exact time and date but they have been told expect it to be the last two weeks of July.

ok, very good info, thanks so much, very good info for me.

Thanks. Then the theory of starting from July 21 still stands. Then hopefully we will hear some good news on Q2 ER call.

Here are the sales I've compiled from various sources (let me know if I'm missing any outliers):
Tesla Q2 Estimates.png

Black are actuals and red are estimates. I gave the US a ~5% increase due to continued increasing demand, but majority of units going to foreign markets. UK I calculated from the MoM increase in UK EV sales and general sentiment from the forums.

Based on ~7600 sales, $110k ASP, 26% GM, and 144 million outstanding shares, I estimate a Non GAAP EPS between $0.03-$0.05 depending on development services from Toyota/Mercedes and any one time impacts.

I don't think these numbers will have too large of an impact because I get the feeling everyone is more concerned with any update on the Gigafactory, Model X, and/or Model 3.

Here are the sales I've compiled from various sources (let me know if I'm missing any outliers):
View attachment 53899

Black are actuals and red are estimates. I gave the US a ~5% increase due to continued increasing demand, but majority of units going to foreign markets. UK I calculated from the MoM increase in UK EV sales and general sentiment from the forums.

Based on ~7600 sales, $110k ASP, 26% GM, and 144 million outstanding shares, I estimate a Non GAAP EPS between $0.03-$0.05 depending on development services from Toyota/Mercedes and any one time impacts.

I don't think these numbers will have too large of an impact because I get the feeling everyone is more concerned with any update on the Gigafactory, Model X, and/or Model 3.

Where are you getting actual China numbers?

Thanks for the great chart mostapasta! The US numbers could easily sway this into a miss or beat, but it's still great to have a firm grasp on the EU and China numbers.
Not a fruitful exercise. Margins, guidance, progress on giga factory, production rate with improved older line and new second line, progress on model x, pricing/options on model x, costs associated with the superchargers/development, order rate china,,,,,,,all these count so much more than they made 100 more or 100 less cars need to look at larger picture