Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Massive Condensation on Interior glass

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Around January 21/22 we first noticed it.
A huge amount of condensation forming on all of the glass surfaces in the interior.
Thick layers that took multiple towels, now soaked, to "remove" enough to drive safely.
This has now happened every single day, multiple times.
ex: cleared condensation to go work out, came back out 1.5 hours and later and it was all back
I ran the AC feverishly to get it to finally go away, cleaned all the glass with windex, then used a Rain-x product to reduce or eliminate condensation... did not work. same problem persists.
YES - it has been raining all week but our other two vehicles have ZERO problems like this. (ram truck and kia soul)

Have set up an appointment for next week with Tesla but... seriously... what is going on here?
PXL_20240125_130623930.MP.jpg
PXL_20240126_114519055.MP.jpg
PXL_20240125_114643087.MP.jpg

I would run the AC with the temp on the warm side. High fan. I would do this climate left on if I was not going anywhere. You want to make sure you don’t get mold. Keep AC on. Could have been cold car then warm air and it condensed out.

I'd recommend going into the sub basement on the trunk and make sure you don't have standing water in there. Lots of cars have had bad seals around the trunk, which leaks into the car and pools up down there.

The amount of condensation you are getting seems really likely to be from standing water inside the car. That's not normal condensation.

Well that's a big coincidence. Same thing happened to me recently (in the past week) and I am also in Texas. I was scrambling to get the air conditioner to clear the front screen and it was also foggy outside. I had to stick my head out of the drivers window to see where I was going. I also noticed that it focused on cleaning the drivers side but not the passenger side. Figured that was because I did not have a passenger or something. I now have dried streaks on the inside of my glass and I need to clean it. I have never seen this happen on any other car I have ever owned. Keen to hear what you find out. Almost into 2 years of ownership and not seen this before. Head scratcher.