Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger "available stalls" count gone from map in software 2023.38.6?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just updated to 2023.38.6 and saw this morning that all the local superchargers now just show a lightning bolt on the map instead of the number of available stalls like it used to. Is this a change to go along with the predictive availability feature?

It's not an urgent need right now but we're taking a trip next week and it would be nice to know if thisis the new way or not...

Maybe with their new predictive availability, they want to get away from showing hard numbers. It sounds like they are trying to predict availability based on both historical data and based on how many cars are currently in route to a Supercharger, so showing 4 available if they already know 4 more cars are about to arrive there before you may not make sense?

I have 2023.38.6 and see availability numbers for nearby SCs on the map. Beyond a certain distance, the map displays a lightning bolt.

I am on the edge of the D/FW metroplex. Generally, all the D/FW metroplex chargers show availability. But SCs in Oklahoma City do not show numbers.

Not just a 23.38.6 thing since it happened to me on 23.27.7. Noticed it yesterday and took pic and was going to post but got busy. Then kinda dismissed it as a one off. Looks like it is a thing though.

IMG_4187.jpeg

IMG_4188.jpeg

I just updated and see the same as reported. Lightning bolts on map for superchargers instead of numbers or a clock symbol. When I click on the icon it only lists the total number of charge stations, not the available. It sounds like the new "predictive charge availability" feature is not finished baking in the oven. My guess is the lightning symbol will be replaced with something new that shows the historical availability. Hopefully this is just the price to pay for being on the beta SW distribution. I don't want to have to use my phone app to do what was available on the car map.

Reactions: pilotSteve
I noticed this issue on a long road trip this week. It seems like the car’s touchscreen shows the available number only for sites that are relatively close to your current location (somewhere between 25 and 75 miles).

For example, as I was approaching Ozona TX, I noticed that one was full and had a 15 minute wait, so I decided to skip it and stop as the next one in Junction TX. Both of these sites have 8 stalls total. At that time, Junction was showing 8 available. About 30 minutes later, as I’m approaching Junction, it now shows 1 available, and Ozona shows 8 available.
It might be a coincidence, that other Tesla drivers are driving the same route at the same time as me, but I doubt it. I’ve noticed similar behavior a few other times too.