Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Update 2023.20.7 received today... Software hack??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So question for ya: I keep seeing notes about the 11.3.6 which is within the 2023.20.7 update about Tesla merging the legacy highway stack.

"Enabled FSD Beta on the highway. This unifies the vision and planning stack on and off-highway and replaces the legacy highway stack, which is over four years old"

I'm sure this is just wishful thinking but for those of us without FSD and have only AP or EAP. Nothing changes for us, right? We still remain on the same ole AP/EAP we've always had? Only those who pay for FSD and have the beta will gain the improved highway experience I assume.

My EAP on the highway is pretty basic and has some issues that I know FSD took care of such as not darting to the right side when passing an open merge lane or inching away from the center line when passing Semi trucks. I hear FSD Highway will also pass other vehicles more like a human driver in a smooth seamless manner, unlike my EAP that does things in steps. Man would be nice to see Tesla offer some improvements to basic AP/EAP occasionally. :)

I'm sure this is just wishful thinking but for those of us without FSD and have only AP or EAP. Nothing changes for us, right? We still remain on the same ole AP/EAP we've always had? Only those who pay for FSD and have the beta will gain the improved highway experience I assume.
Tesla has not said anything about replacing the legacy AP/NOA with FSD beta-derived software. Probably not going to happen until after FSDb 12.x is released.

Tesla has not said anything about replacing the legacy AP/NOA with FSD beta-derived software. Probably not going to happen until after FSDb 12.x is released.
Yeah what a shame. Feels like that part of the software is still on 1.0 :( I was hopeful that with so much testing/improvements happening with FSDb that maybe, just maybe they'd bring over a few perks to Legacy AP/EAP but yeah, guess they'll wait for V12 before we see any changes (if at all).

Yeah what a shame. Feels like that part of the software is still on 1.0 :( I was hopeful that with so much testing/improvements happening with FSDb that maybe, just maybe they'd bring over a few perks to Legacy AP/EAP but yeah, guess they'll wait for V12 before we see any changes (if at all).
The legacy code, although somewhat clunky by FSDb standards, is pretty stable and predictable. It appears that another major redesign of the perception code is in the works (diffusion) and the planning and control is in the middle of redesign to neural networks. So, this is probably not a good time to muck around with AP. V12 release will be long coming, I suspect. Significant FSDb updates are not very frequent and are requiring 5-6 updates after initial public release to tweak issues. We're starting to see 11.4.5 in the development branch now, with no mention of 11.5 yet.