Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are any of the tricks to force a software update real?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope it comes when it comes….all those tips, tricks, short cuts do not work, service center has no magic wand either.
Pretty sure that some updates push to your phone while others require you to check manually. It may be related to the priority of the update. Some updates Tesla wants everyone to have (recall for example which was a push), and others are less critical and Tesla might choose to save bandwidth and only give the update to those who check manually.

Pretty sure that some updates push to your phone while others require you to check manually. It may be related to the priority of the update. Some updates Tesla wants everyone to have (recall for example which was a push), and others are less critical and Tesla might choose to save bandwidth and only give the update to those who check manually.
Nope-I update my app every 2 weeks and park near wifi every day….. no affect on priority. I also do a car check daily for download availability…..no help there either. So I got the update on good old fashion luck.

What do you guys think about my non experience software update?
I bought a 2017 MS few weeks ago. The software version is installed 2023.26.8. :eek: FSD b version is 11.3.6
I changed updates to advanced and checked whether I can get any. Nothing. The car has FSD and I live in UK.
Probably the last owner didn't bother to install updates frequently that is ok but why my car sitting on a half year old software version?