Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Selling Other Stocks Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MikeC

Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2012
Los Angeles
This is a thread for Tesla investors who may want to diversify their options trades beyond TSLA from time to time, as opportunities present themselves. Sometimes there are amazing set-ups like when VFS was over $80. And maybe it’s not always a good idea to be 100% reliant on TSLA for action every week. Selling non-TSLA puts backed by TSLA shares removes some of that catastrophic risk of puts going DITM at the same time as the margin backing them dries up.

I just sold NVDA 11/24 -p480/-c500/+c520 as a quick earnings play. Will roll the put or maybe pick up my first set of NVDA shares to wheel if there’s a bigger drop than there’s been so far AH (I’d probably let 2 ITM TSLA calls exercise to pay for them).The call spread seems safe right now but is profitable up to $516 (including the premium from the put).

This is a thread for Tesla investors who may want to diversify their options trades beyond TSLA from time to time, as opportunities present themselves. Sometimes there are amazing set-ups like when VFS was over $80. And maybe it’s not always a good idea to be 100% reliant on TSLA for action every week. Selling non-TSLA puts backed by TSLA shares removes some of that catastrophic risk of puts going DITM at the same time as the margin backing them dries up.

I just sold NVDA 11/24 -p480/-c500/+c520 as a quick earnings play. Will roll the put or maybe pick up my first set of NVDA shares to wheel if there’s a bigger drop than there’s been so far AH (I’d probably let 2 ITM TSLA calls exercise to pay for them).The call spread seems safe right now but is profitable up to $516 (including the premium from the put).

Closed the put and the call spread for about 70% gain. Will look to sell a NVDA put for next week if there's a dip but the stock seems to be recovering now.

I sold apple CCs in the past but the low premium didn't motivate me to keep up. How do you find AAPL compare to TSLA or NVDA?

Premiums are almost nothing but I think it is a more easy stock to play the "wheel" and you wouldn't get decimated like with Tesla. It is also a stock that I wouldn't mind owning right now unlike NVDA which seems too rich. NVDA premiums are better than AAPL and might do spreads on that one.

Any thoughts about this:

1707325628213.png

At $1000 Nvidia would have to be worth close to $2.5T which IMO is very improbable. A 15% return play.