Page 43 of 323 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast

Thread: Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

Congratulations, wish I were in your shoes, but all that comes to mind is where you call home, EUREKA! the day has come.

Just got an e-mail from a delivery coordinator and he indicated that the logistics team sent him an e-mail and said that my car will be leaving on a truck tomorrow morning.
    He also pointed out the the trek to Texas can take 3 to 10 days depending on the stops on the way. I guess I'm kind of numb....it gets here when it gets here.
    "These go to eleven..."

Blog Entries
    We're getting slammed with rain, but there is supposed to be a break tomorrow morning. That's a great start for your car's journey home.
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

They must be batching based on location. In order to get as many as possible delivered by Dec. 31

That's the only explanation why my P3385 got a VIN of 1708 and P3366 got a VIN of 1707 that I can think of. We are both within 30 miles of the factory. Now as to why he is getting his car delivered today and mine is still getting painted... No ideas there

Model S Perf Sig 1055 Larry Chanin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kroneal View Post
    How about a friendly wager on whose is delivered last?
    I'm not a betting guy, but I'd guess you will be next to last.

This Signature reservation holder was a day or so away from delivery when he discovered that his Model S was involved in an accident.

lgagliardi@worl... | November 28, 2012

One more try.
    Well, after several emails back and forth with GB, and an apology email from my DS, Tesla is making me a new car. It was not a given though. GB had to make a separate trip to the factory and see if they would be able to obtain the signature parts needed. Maybe they only ordered exactly the amount they were going to use? Gilbert the VP of manufacturing agreed I should get a new car.
    By the way, I haven't received delivery of my Performance Signature either, and haven't received a firm delivery date yet. However, based on the fact that it is in transit I have tentatively scheduled my delivery party. So I'm hoping I will be spared the embarrassment of sending out a "NEVERMIND" message to all my guests.

Larry
    FLORIDA TESLA ENTHUSIASTS (Founder & President)

Congrats to all the new vins and dates!

This quote from tesla forum is very telling:

"The array of motors set out in the factory that i think were pointed out as the performance ones was much smaller than the standard ones, i.e. 5 instead of hundreds."
    P427 Performance White/Tan

Model S P1698 / VIN 1657 timdorr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rlawson4 View Post
    I was told my car was shipped out yesterday and would take 5-10 days to get to Atlanta. Sig Vin 1034. So, I am one of the last ones but very pleased. I was a late upgrade so it is much earlier than I originally expected. I wired funds on Wednesday.
    Thanks for that info, as I just heard from a DS (DES?) tonight about finalizing paperwork and payment. I assume they're ready to ship mine ASAP, so that means I may have my car in less than 2 weeks? I'm trying not to get too excited!

Also, as a side note, this is not only exciting because of the car. My fiance is going to move in with me once I get the S, as she will be driving my current Prius. She works about an hour away and her current car both guzzles gas and is likely going to fall apart in the next 6-12 months anyways. I don't want her driving it for safety reasons. But I get a brand new car and a live-in pre-wife whenever it's delivered
    Last edited by timdorr; 2012-11-30 at 09:53 PM.

[H][/H]
    Quote Originally Posted by timdorr View Post
    Thanks for that info, as I just heard from a DS (DES?) tonight about finalizing paperwork and payment. I assume they're ready to ship mine ASAP, so that means I may have my car in less than 2 weeks? I'm trying not to get too excited!

Also, as a side note, this is not only exciting because of the car. My finance is going to move in with me once I get the S, as she will be driving my current Prius. She works about an hour away and her current car both guzzles gas and is likely going to fall apart in the next 6-12 months anyways. I don't want her driving it for safety reasons. But I get a brand new car and a live-in pre-wife whenever it's delivered
    Congrats, and CONGRATS!

your 'Finance' ? is she moving in just because of the car, I get it
    - 'Joules' 12/1/12 - classic grey & wood Zextraterrestials S (tory)

Model S P1698 / VIN 1657 timdorr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zextraterrestrial View Post
    your 'Finance' ? is she moving in just because of the car, I get it
    I've been working on the spreadsheet too much...

Thread Information