Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 1049169
Imagine if this were true…
Can we please stop sharing Facebook posts with no sources cited. I like this forum because it's moderated well, and misinformation like this gets filtered, unlike Facebook groups where mods are seemingly nonexistent and fake news and mis/disinformation can run rampant causing FUD. Let's keep this forum distinguished from the likes of Facebook groups please.

I just got a text from Tesla saying to check my APP. They sent me a text message in the app stating “complete your pre-delivery tasks: prepare for your model 3 delivery by providing payment method details”

I didn’t complete the trade in portion or loan/lease portion because I was told these only last 30-60 days and I don’t want to have to re do these or get multiple credit pulls.

I checked and I still have no VIN and EDD has stayed the same at July6-Aug17. Has this happened to anyone else? Why are they asking me to provide payment details when my EDD is still months away?

I just got a text from Tesla saying to check my APP. They sent me a text message in the app stating “complete your pre-delivery tasks: prepare for your model 3 delivery by providing payment method details”

I didn’t complete the trade in portion or loan/lease portion because I was told these only last 30-60 days and I don’t want to have to re do these or get multiple credit pulls.

I checked and I still have no VIN and EDD has stayed the same at July6-Aug17. Has this happened to anyone else? Why are they asking me to provide payment details when my EDD is still months away?
Set it to cash and switch it once you have a VIN.

My online SA was not responding to my questions even though I have only asked two so far. Talked to a person on the phone at a Texas gallery location who was helpful. She initially gave me the canned "July" speech because I am sure that they are swamped with questions about new orders. I was told my vehicle was "in transit" with the same May 27-June 3 the app states. We are cutting it close to be able to pick up due to trip and was told that pickup with POA with adult family member (even with cash buy and no trade in) was not allowed. Lots of stories in forums about people just walking into delivery centers with their app and driving off with car. IDK.
So do you have a VIN?

They've texted me this 3-4 times, each time causing my heart to flutter lol you don't have to do anything. I've ignroed it and my EDD has remaiend the same throughout. Have a trade-in offer as well as a lease return

They've texted me this 3-4 times, each time causing my heart to flutter lol you don't have to do anything. I've ignroed it and my EDD has remaiend the same throughout. Have a trade-in offer as well as a lease return
Ugh same. I got so excited when I got this text hoping it was a legit update and when I logged in and saw this I think I died a little inside.

• Love
Reactions: SmooveSailing

Fwiw I got the same message, and I replied saying I was waiting until I had a VIN to do the lease application. I asked if they needed anything else from me at this time and they replied "no, we're all good". So I don't think you need to worry about this, especially if your dates are so far out. My EDD is 5/22-6/5, and I'm still not going to do the app until I have a VIN haha.

Reactions: SmooveSailing
lol, rawr
Meant no personal offense.

I'm in the same facebook group cause I joined just yesterday lol. And upon waking today, that was one of the first posts I saw. I just shook my head at it. This is where we're at with the anticipation of this car: people are restless and will take in any kind of explanation to appease their concerns about the wait and seemingly numerous changes to their delivery dates.

Reactions: M3PDenver
While I think the original FB post is a fake troll one, all ex-US M3Ps have the LG battery pack. So yes, they can power the M3p.

But supposedly they lose 50 HP doing so.

Now that I think about it, maybe THAT was the issue: offering a version where U.S. customers get slightly more power than non U.S. customers. Maybe there's some rule against that? Like you can't call it the same car and have different "versions" in different countries?

Reactions: M3PDenver
Fwiw I got the same message, and I replied saying I was waiting until I had a VIN to do the lease application. I asked if they needed anything else from me at this time and they replied "no, we're all good". So I don't think you need to worry about this, especially if your dates are so far out. My EDD is 5/22-6/5, and I'm still not going to do the app until I have a VIN haha.
the lease rates have increased since release....do you think that means your rate is not locked in? I did the app and was considering changing my color combo but don't want to be subjected to the higher lease cost

I think this needs a bit of clarification. When you say "ex-US M3Ps" are you referring to existing ones (aka pre-highland)? Or are you referring to any M3P outside of the US?
Highland M3Ps manufactured in Shanghai use LG batteries, intended for ex-US markets. Only US M3Ps get Panasonic.

Reactions: P-Lo801
the lease rates have increased since release....do you think that means your rate is not locked in? I did the app and was considering changing my color combo but don't want to be subjected to the higher lease cost

It may mean my rate isn't locked in, yes. It's a risk I'm willing to take in order to avoid the potential of having multiple hard pulls to get this car (it happened on my last car purchase as well so I'd be extra annoyed by it).

Reactions: YForMeee