Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder... Tesla is definitely different then legacy automakers. I remember ordering a car back many years ago (Ford Pickup) and the VIN would be assigned before its produced since it does have some specific attributes i picked . Tesla however makes cars in batches and not specific for an order.
I know that GM cars I have ordered also had VINs assigned before assembly. I don't know what Tesla does, but it is certainly possible they do, too.

Just left the SC in Tampa international mall and they got a showroom one in today! It’s not in the showroom yet but the SA let me take a look in.

I asked him about the deliveries and he said the black interior dates should be fine but the white interior’s are backed up until September?! He said exactly “there is too many white interior orders they’ll be backed up for a while”. I told him that I thought those were the first batches and he pretty much explained for the white interior orders if you haven’t gotten a vin by now it may be a wait. Im not sure if it’s only Florida or not but that’s what he was telling me. I tried to push for him to see if he can check where I stand simce my EDD is May 30 - June 27 but I didn’t get anywhere. He said they should have a demo unit soon, he’s saying it’s the first they’ve had a showroom unit before the demo units. He said that they aren’t allowed to drive it either so he couldn’t tell me how it rides. He also gave me a discount card for EV studios but when I called to get pricing they were all overpriced.
View attachment 1048939View attachment 1048940
I don't think he knows what he's talking about. If the white interior is really backed up right now, why they they just make the white interior free? It's kind of the opposite of what you want to do.

people have said these things about tesla plenty of times but as time has gone on, prices have continuously lowered and lowered and lowered. Not sure why they wouldn't offer the M3 Performance with other color options during end of quarter pushes they've offered many other big discounts in the last quarters not sure why this quarter would be much different.
Cause they are already backed up for June. They don't need or have time to fulfill the June deliveries.

Wild that we are still sitting at zero confirmed deliveries and zero black interior VINs.

Hopefully this situation is better by the end of the week!
Is this thread still in denial after the now several photos of a delivered M3P?

IMG_3976.jpeg

Wow, I placed my order on 4/24 for white on black. Had an EDD of May 22 - June 30 that then changed to June 2 - June 30 and held steady for a bit. Changed to white interior on 5/16. Today my EDD deliver date changed to Sept 5 - Oct 17 :oops:
This is the reality of the batches that they do. They may have started with a white interior batch, but it looks like they are now switching to black for a bit, so you got put behind that. Could also be your external color though. Wish someone who understood how the Fremont factory operates could chime in.

Reactions: Gasaraki
That's the million dollar question. Hoping to see at least a few forum folks scheduled for today say it happened, and not that they were waved-off at the last minute.

Actually kinda surprised none of the sites like Teslarati and Electrek have caught on to deliveries being cancelled when the scheduled date comes around.
I don't think anyone is interested besides us. I raised the topic for the TMC podcast on Sunday but the producers didn't bite.