Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (Canada) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked mine up today! Model 3 Long Range, Blue exterior, White interior, 19" wheels.

My appointment was at 3pm, I went there at 1pm because this was my first time picking up a Tesla and I didn't know what to expect. Also maybe there would be some missing documents that I would need to get.

The good:
  • They gave me a loaner Model 3 Long Range to kill time.
  • They had the car registered by the time I arrived, but I still needed to wait until 3pm to get my car. For what it's worth I made it very clear to them that I wasn't expecting that the car would be ready earlier.
  • I had gone on three test drives by then (and one of them was about an hour long) so they knew I knew the car well. The advisor helped me set up my phone key and then let me do the rest by myself (he asked if I needed help, I said no)
  • There was a ribbon on the dashboard :)
  • SoC was 78%
  • The car was clean inside and out.
The bad:
  • There was a tiny scratch underneath the driver door handle. (I'm not gonna bother getting it fixed by Tesla, I'm getting PPF done next week)
  • They forgot to peel off a bunch of stickers (on rims, on the back of rear seats etc.)
  • Steering wheel vibrates over 120kmh... When I picked up my old car (2022 Mazda CX-5) it had the same issue -- it most probably needs balancing. I set up an appointment for Friday, we'll see how it goes.

Still on the fence guys. Oakville owner of 22’ M3LRboost black/black. So far I love my go cart toy for its handling and power and I run V1 Perf 20” gun metal rims/AS tires anyway w/cf spoiler and dash/door covers …so not really missing much in the looks dept :)

I do want to consider upgrading for the susp and quieter cabin but still interested to see the LG vs Pano head to head. And not a fan of having no rebate on our version of the PM3 vs US getting this awesome credit.

Side note: I find it comical that forums and YouTubers go all gaga over the front bumper having side air flow dams lol. Uh…the prior models all have air flow. Not some crazy new invention lol. They take it away for LR/RWD and then bring it back for new P and everyone is ‘ohhh wow what an aggressive look!’ Lol

Seeing more highlands on the road now where we live. Probably 3 in my area now..grey, red and white. I have to say the white is as amazing looking as ultra red. And I’m not usually a white fan! Looks sharp from front and rear is def a modern upgrade. Side profile is almost identical.

Thoughts my fellow Canucks? I goto the configure page at least once a day lol but I just can’t do it. Argh…
Ok bit the bullet! Fk it life is short :)
USD price is now 55k from 53l.
At 53k, 1.32 exch came to 69.9k exactly.
Ar 55k, 1.32 is 72.6k.

Yet cnd is still 69,9k for the P. Locked in a red/white just this morning. Suspect price will go up now in Can.

And some new test drive review from some test drives of LG ones stating the 2.9 0-60 or 3.1 with rollout is entirely possible. Given the tester was 225lbs, wet day and 75% soc with no warm tires or battery. Wow.

Ok bit the bullet! Fk it life is short :)
USD price is now 55k from 53l.
At 53k, 1.32 exch came to 69.9k exactly.
Ar 55k, 1.32 is 72.6k.

Yet cnd is still 69,9k for the P. Locked in a red/white just this morning. Suspect price will go up now in Can.

And some new test drive review from some test drives of LG ones stating the 2.9 0-60 or 3.1 with rollout is entirely possible. Given the tester was 225lbs, wet day and 75% soc with no warm tires or battery. Wow.
Ya, I was initially a little upset at the LG - Panasonic difference, but not now.
I’m just patiently waiting now. :)
Your order date show July ?

The estimate is just that…an estimate. Means nothing. kWh per mile is relevant.
It’s pretty officially listed on their site now. I’d say it means something, and is very relevant.
LG batteries already have less energy density. Couple that with a smaller battery, and you have a relevant and real hit to the fun and disappointment factor. :)
If anything, the LG should have been 85kw/h’s to compensate, not less.

It’s pretty officially listed on their site now. I’d say it means something, and is very relevant.
LG batteries already have less energy density. Couple that with a smaller battery, and you have a relevant and real hit to the fun and disappointment factor. :)
If anything, the LG should have been 85kw/h’s to compensate, not less.
Hmm…so basically they get 11km more than we do? 476 to 487km?

Again it will also come down to how efficient each battery is. Drain % and avg kwh usage. I do agree he could have added the 3kw into the LG pack

I’ve had Teslas since 2016 and I can say for certain whether 487 or 476, most will see 425-435 lol.

I know optically it looks like arse but in reality it prob doesn’t make a diff once we see LG efficiency being a lighter pack and car. If I’m wrong, then ya I may cancel my order. That would be brutal for Tesla to keep differentiating

Last edited:
Hmm…so basically they get 11km more than we do? 476 to 487km?

Again it will also come down to how efficient each battery is. Drain % and avg kwh usage. I do agree he could have added the 3kw into the LG pack

I’ve had Teslas since 2016 and I can say for certain whether 487 or 476, most will see 425-435 lol.

I know optically it looks like arse but in reality it prob doesn’t make a diff once we see LG efficiency being a lighter pack and car. If I’m wrong, then ya I may cancel my order. That would be brutal for Tesla to keep differentiating
I agree it’s not much, but that was kind of why I’m a little sideways. Would have been easy to bump up by adding even a few kw/h’s.
Overall, my order is placed, and unless things get uglier, I’ll be happy I’m sure.
I have a feeling we are looking at end of Q3 at best right now. The Tesla waiting game is always painful.

Reactions: Destiny1701
I picked mine up today! Model 3 Long Range, Blue exterior, White interior, 19" wheels.
Be super careful and attentive when picking up your car. My front bumper has an inwards dent right above the front left wheel well.

The PPF shop noticed it. There comes another visit to the service center.
Edit: Well the advisor said I should have reported it within 24 hours. I'll look for PDR options as the worst-case scenario, but I wasn't told that I had 24 hours nor was it stated anywhere in the purchase agreement.

Last edited: