Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But supposedly they lose 50 HP doing so.

Now that I think about it, maybe THAT was the issue: offering a version where U.S. customers get slightly more power than non U.S. customers. Maybe there's some rule against that? Like you can't call it the same car and have different "versions" in different countries?
It's a moot point because the fb post is very likely to be fake, and there's no rule against different versions. It's quite common with legacy manufacturers to have different versions in different markets.

Reactions: M3PDenver
Can we please stop sharing Facebook posts with no sources cited. I like this forum because it's moderated well, and misinformation like this gets filtered, unlike Facebook groups where mods are seemingly nonexistent and fake news and mis/disinformation can run rampant causing FUD. Let's keep this forum distinguished from the likes of Facebook groups please.
I agree. Can we remove that post please. Thanks.

I went fishing for some more info as I'm in my delivery window with no VIN. Bah (although this was expected)!

IMG_2144.jpeg

Meant no personal offense.

I'm in the same facebook group cause I joined just yesterday lol. And upon waking today, that was one of the first posts I saw. I just shook my head at it. This is where we're at with the anticipation of this car: people are restless and will take in any kind of explanation to appease their concerns about the wait and seemingly numerous changes to their delivery dates.
No no, totally fine. My original post stated "Imagine if this were true" implying it is not but I understand how my delivery was not clear so as to let people know that I believed it was not an accurate/correct post. I did not mean to troll, I simply meant to invoke conversation on the what if it were true, how would we all deal with it? I think some people got it and some didn't so yeah, better off being removed. My apologies.

Hey everyone,

Been monitoring the forum for several days now. Got a few tidbits of info last night to share, potentially relevant to those in the Atlanta area.

I went to one of the area delivery centers and chatted with one of their employees. Obviously, take what he told me with a grain of salt given how little they tend to know.

Anyway, he explained that Atlanta area showrooms were supposed to be getting M3Ps for display-only, but that these vehicles were accidentally rerouted to an entirely different state. I think he said either Missouri or Michigan. These vehicles were expected to be delivered to the showrooms for display next week, I believe he said Monday. I asked him about the software issue and he didn't seem to have a clue what I was talking about.

Further, he said that M3Ps for actual customers should be arriving -- sigh -- "before the end of June". He had no idea when they would even be getting test drive vehicles.

He went on to tell me that they haven't even gotten any white refreshed Model 3s yet of any trim (whether he was referring to paint or seats I'm not sure, but either way -- yikes).

He finished by saying that they don't really get told much in advance.

Yesterday my app updated me from June to July 21-Sept 1 EDD. I ordered on May 12, SG/white seats/FSD. I wanted to pull the trigger within 10 min of configurator open on 4/23 but needed to make clear my financials were in order and felt I should sleep on it for a bit. I probably should have just ate the $250 and got my spot and worried about the details later lol. Doesn't help when the website is telling you "June" and people who ordered only two weeks earlier were already getting VINs. Gave me a false sense of timing.

Hopefully conditions improve and this Tesla rep was woefully underplaying the length of time for customer deliveries in the Atlanta area, otherwise I think we might be in for a heck of a wait. 😆😭

Hey everyone,

Been monitoring the forum for several days now. Got a few tidbits of info last night to share, potentially relevant to those in the Atlanta area.

I went to one of the area delivery centers and chatted with one of their employees. Obviously, take what he told me with a grain of salt given how little they tend to know.

Anyway, he explained that Atlanta area showrooms were supposed to be getting M3Ps for display-only, but that these vehicles were accidentally rerouted to an entirely different state. I think he said either Missouri or Michigan. These vehicles were expected to be delivered to the showrooms for display next week, I believe he said Monday. I asked him about the software issue and he didn't seem to have a clue what I was talking about.

Further, he said that M3Ps for actual customers should be arriving -- sigh -- "before the end of June". He had no idea when they would even be getting test drive vehicles.

He went on to tell me that they haven't even gotten any white refreshed Model 3s yet of any trim (whether he was referring to paint or seats I'm not sure, but either way -- yikes).

Yesterday my app updated me from June to July 21-Sept 1 EDD. I ordered on May 12, SG/white seats/FSD. I wanted to pull the trigger within 10 min of configurator open on 4/23 but needed to make clear my financials were in order and felt I should sleep on it for a bit. I probably should have just ate the $250 and got my spot and worried about the details later lol. Doesn't help when the website is telling you "June" and people who ordered only two weeks earlier were already getting VINs. Gave me a false sense of timing.

Hopefully conditions improve and this Tesla rep was woefully underplaying the length of time for customer deliveries in the Atlanta area, otherwise I think we might be in for a heck of a wait. 😆😭
Maybe I'm overly optomistic but my first Tesla I ordered and from ordering to being built to delivered it was under 3 weeks. They seem insanely efficient with production and I'm doubtful it's going to be long for everyone to get their orders especially when this quarter is so important for $tsla.

Can we please stop sharing Facebook posts with no sources cited. I like this forum because it's moderated well, and misinformation like this gets filtered, unlike Facebook groups where mods are seemingly nonexistent and fake news and mis/disinformation can run rampant causing FUD. Let's keep this forum distinguished from the likes of Facebook groups please.

I deleted the post referenced after it was reported. I did not go through and remove every single instance of people quoting it, though. I agreed that unless it was substantiated it had no business being here.

• Love
Reactions: P-Lo801
Maybe I'm overly optomistic but my first Tesla I ordered and from ordering to being built to delivered it was under 3 weeks. They seem insanely efficient with production and I'm doubtful it's going to be long for everyone to get their orders especially when this quarter is so important for $tsla.
I love the optimism!

I on the other hand come from a 2018 Model 3 LR that I waited 15 months for after ordering (in which my app estimates started out in "Jan-Feb 2018" that ultimately became late Sept 2018). It was agony, especially since I was on the end of a lease at the time and was worried I'd have to walk to work for months. 😆

Reactions: xianking
I love the optimism!

I on the other hand come from a 2018 Model 3 LR that I waited 15 months for after ordering (in which my app estimates started out in "Jan-Feb 2018" that ultimately became late Sept 2018). It was agony, especially since I was on the end of a lease at the time and was worried I'd have to walk to work for months. 😆
Ooph i think the beginning of model 3 was a pretty rough time, my Model Y was in 2021 and was pleasently surprised how quick it was.

No no, totally fine. My original post stated "Imagine if this were true" implying it is not but I understand how my delivery was not clear so as to let people know that I believed it was not an accurate/correct post. I did not mean to troll, I simply meant to invoke conversation on the what if it were true, how would we all deal with it? I think some people got it and some didn't so yeah, better off being removed. My apologies.

I am giving you the benefit of the doubt, but that post (which I deleted) came across like trolling the thread to me.

Reactions: juan.chavez
Hey everyone,

Thanks for getting this info for people in the ATL area. Which center did you go to?

Hopeful for my 08/25-10/06 date to move back...

A super important point, considering Tesla's Q1 earnings miss - Q2 deliveries have to be on point for the company, so that's why I wouldn't put too much faith in these super long EDD's right now. I'm guessing that most April and May orders are delivered by the end of June...

BUT this Fremont factory fire news from yesterday seems very sus. I'd be curious if and how this impacts production numbers for the near term.

A super important point, considering Tesla's Q1 earnings miss - Q2 deliveries have to be on point for the company, so that's why I wouldn't put too much faith in these super long EDD's right now. I'm guessing that most April and May orders are delivered by the end of June...

BUT this Fremont factory fire news from yesterday seems very sus. I'd be curious if and how this impacts production numbers for the near term.
I'm in Orlando, and the fact they already have showroom cars alone is a telling sign to me. Once this stuff clears and they're able to deliver I'm sure these will be built very quick, especially if I were Tesla. I'd much rather sell a model 3 performance which prob costs less to produce than a model Y performance, especially when margins are probably higher due to the current 0.99% they're offering.

@ Newdoc
I would think the SA would know pretty closely where it is at and the anticipated arrival time. Each of mine we have always gotten pretty accurate info (when VIN assigned) on where its at in transit on the train (on the way to Chicago and will arrive on such date), then approximate date when a truck transport will pick it up and deliver it to service center. This last part is a little up in the air until they secure the transport.

My first Tesla was a 2022 Model X that I waited 14 months for! Pretty bummed right now. I placed my order on April 24th and changed interior to white on May 16th. My EDD changed to Sep 5th - Oct 17th today. Looks like my change pushed me to the end of the line 🤦‍♂️ before my interior change I had an EDD of June 2nd - 30th. Really hoping my EDD gets bumped up.