Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your Top 5 Anticipated Supercharger Locations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1) Kayenta, AZ
2) Telluride, CO
3) Montrose, CO

These last two are not even on the "planned" map yet, but they should be as they're major highway hubs and destinations in SW Colorado.
4) Cortez, CO (Would solve range anxiety when traveling north to Telluride, Montrose, Ouray, and Silverton from Gallup or Kayenta (proposed SC), especially in the winter cold.
5) Durango, CO

There are some under construction that are important, but my list is ones without known sites. In no particular order:
Metter, GA
Casper, WY
Hattiesburg, MS
Elberfeld, IN
Salamanca, NY

(Those aware of my Supercharger obsession may be able to figure out why it's those 5)

As far as subjectivity goes, well, there are 5 on Tesla's map for 2018 that could be useful:
West Forks, ME (particularly useful for us come the next eclipse)
Baring, ME
Kennebunk, ME
Portland, ME
Medway, ME

Although Medway, ME and Portland, ME not likely so useful for me, with maybe Rochester, NH, Lyndon, VT or Altoona, PA of more use to us.

Focusing Only on North America Continent.
No specific Order or level of importance:

#1. At least one SpC in NW Arkansas (Ft. Smith or Fayetteville) connecting Little Rock toward Tulsa and OKC
#2 and #3. At least two SpCs in Mexico toward McAllen, TX. This will connect existing San Luis de la Paz SpC and the other five existing Superchargers in Mexico to North America Network (reminiscent of original Texas Supercharger "Island": 'Original Five SpC', but had to use RV Park(s) in order to get off the Texas Island)
#4. Lubbock, TX
#5. Wichita Falls or Vernon, TX
#6. Artesia or Carlsbad, NM
#7. Ft. Stockton, TX or vicinity
#8. North Dakota, at least one SpC. Then continue and connect I-94 from Minneapolis/Clearwater, MN to existing SpC Billings, MT
#9. Eastern/South Eastern Oklahoma, at least one SpC
#10. Great Falls, MT

Any or ALL of these makes the overall SpC Network more viable

Eventually:
#11 Winnipeg, Manitoba

We plan on driving to Banff next summer so I'd like:
1. Great Falls, MT (to allow a shorter N/S route to Calgary)
2. Kalispell, MT (to allow a shorter route N/S to Calgary)
3. Casper, WY (to allow a shorter N/S route between Cheyenne and Sheridan)

We also drive a lot around Colorado so these would help:
4. Poncha Springs, CO (opens up most of central Colorado and should be ready later this month)
5. Telluride, CO (opens up southwest Colorado)

Runners-up
6. Steamboat Springs, CO
7. Clayton, NM

A few years back, we drove an ICE vehicle 5000 miles on several trips around Colorado. We visited all four state corners, all 64 counties and all 103 pages of the Delorme Colorado Atlas. With just a couple Superchargers, we'd be able to repeat most of those trips around Colorado...although I don't think I'd attempt the northwest corner in a Model S. Maybe we'll try that one in a Model X...