Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your Top 5 Anticipated Supercharger Locations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I the only one that keeps a running list of the next 5 supercharger locations I'd like to see? When I got my Model S nearly 3 years ago, the list was:

Asheville, NC
Greenville, NC
Wytheville, VA
Columbia, SC
Raleigh, NC

All of these have been built.

Now my list is:

Beckely, WV
Hickory, NC
Buford, GA
Greensboro, NC
Charleston, SC

Do you have a list? What's yours?
5Superchargers201712.png

Since Tesla only seems to focus on interstate highways, there is a huge triangular Supercharger hole at the intersection of Oregon, California, and Nevada. It includes the route from San Francisco to Boise, which uses US highway 95 from Winnemucca to Boise, which is 255 miles without a Supercharger. The Supercharger route around is 423 miles!

The other one is going through Eastern Oregon from Boise to Bend. It is US highway 20 that is 317 miles without a Supercharger. The Supercharger route around is 463 miles!

Since only one Supercharger is needed to fix each of these routes, it is a little frustrating to see them not getting done.

-Philadelphia, PA
-King of Prussia, PA
-Gloucester Twp, NJ
-Mt. Laurel, NJ
-Anywhere on I-95 between Santee, SC and Kingsland, GA so that Savannah, GA can be avoided. Savannah chargers are too far off of the highway (not a convenient location) and the distance between Santee and Kingsland is a little too much to skip Savannah comfortably.

-Philadelphia, PA
-King of Prussia, PA
-Gloucester Twp, NJ
-Mt. Laurel, NJ
-Anywhere on I-95 between Santee, SC and Kingsland, GA so that Savannah, GA can be avoided. Savannah chargers are too far off of the highway (not a convenient location) and the distance between Santee and Kingsland is a little too much to skip Savannah comfortably.

I always skip Savannah...totally doable on a nice day...and I don't drive slow...but yeah Savanah blows.

Reactions: GalaxyExplorer
Am I the only one that keeps a running list of the next 5 supercharger locations I'd like to see? When I got my Model S nearly 3 years ago, the list was:

Asheville, NC
Greenville, NC
Wytheville, VA
Columbia, SC
Raleigh, NC

All of these have been built.

Now my list is:

Beckely, WV
Hickory, NC
Buford, GA
Greensboro, NC
Charleston, SC

Do you have a list? What's yours?View attachment 264944
Expand Santee, SC and London, Kentucky locations.

Reactions: GalaxyExplorer
Bakersfield CA (proper)
Merced/Turlock CA
Ely NV
Susanville CA
Weaverville CA

(Bakersfield is in their plans. But I suspect that most of the rest are not even on Tesla's radar until 2019 at the earliest and perhaps never. But a fella can dream!)

Reactions: Pluto
I always skip Savannah...totally doable on a nice day...and I don't drive slow...but yeah Savanah blows.

Yep, I'm not a fan of Savannah at all. The one time we traveled that way in our Model X 90D, we stopped at Savannah both ways. I wanted to skip it, but I just didn't feel comfortable. The car was loaded with luggage and people and we got impatient waiting for that last 10% of charge (above 90%) so we decided to leave and stop at Savannah. If we had an S 100D, no problem, but the X is pushing it. I'm sure we could have skipped it still, but we didn't want to push our luck. Something closer to the highway in that general area would be great.

Uh, I live in Idaho and have been to Mountain Home twice in the past week, and I still don't get the reason for wanting a Supercharger there. It's only about 47 miles to Boise and 86 miles to Twin Falls. What does it accomplish? Heyburn I do get, because the Twin Falls to Tremonton run is pretty long and very tough for a 60kwh car.
While the stretch fromTwin Falls to Boise is easier than the Tremonton leg, it still requires care in my S60 when dealing with wind or cold weather. I also have to take a very long time to charge to 90-95% in Twin Falls to make that leg. I'd much rather charge just enough the night before in Twin Falls to get to Mountain Home and then just enough there to get to Boise. It would be a time saver for me, especially under less than favorable weather.