Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why no FSD (supervised) for those cars stuck on software branch 2024.8.9?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I never subscribed to FSD on my M3P, and it wasn't available on my previous cars (one pre-AP 2014 S and an AP1 2015 S.)

I got pushed 2024.14.6 last night, which means no more TACC, which is the only thing I use 99% of the time and I have no intent on purchasing or subscribing, not even at the discounted price, so this seems like a big (insert ASCII art of an extended middle finger here) to those who have zero interest.

Can I just shut FSD off in settings to get my TACC back?

Glad I found this, my 2022 MS LR is also stuck on 2024.8.9. It's been frustrating, considering all the hype and publicity over V12!
I also purchased a month of FSD, kinda expecting to get updated, but have not. No updates offered, I also asked service for an update and they gave me nothing except "you're already up to date sir".

I cancelled the subscription (V11 is pretty bad, IMO). I also wonder now if I get the free month prompt whenever 2024.14 actually gets sent out.

So from what I see here, there's VERY FEW refresh MS or MX on 2024.14? Browsing the ocmments it seems most people updated are in M3/MY. Does that sound right?

So from what I see here, there's VERY FEW refresh MS or MX on 2024.14?
Based on those who use TeslaFi service, there's around 80 S/X Refresh in the US on 2024.14.6 and 1 on 2024.14.7, which only started rolling out today. Perhaps you haven't gotten any 12.x yet because Tesla determined there was some issue with 12.3.6 from the previous rollout when updating it to 2024.14.x. For reference, there's about 30 of those same types of vehicles still on 2024.8.9 (with 11.4.9) while 260 have been on 2024.3.25 (with 12.3.6), so roughly 90% of this audience already has FSD Supervised and seems like Tesla is still working on getting the rest potentially with the new 2024.14.7.

The free trial starts when you install a software version with 12.x, and it extends your subscription end date if it's still active.

Paid 2000 a couple weeks ago for FSD and a HW3 upgrade. Took them two days to do the upgrade during which they gave me a loaner with 12.3. It was awesome and I’m glad I got to experience it before I got my car back which is stuck on 2024.8.9. Anxiously awaiting the upgrade as v11 like a big step back. Seems like things really started moving last week but has since slowed to trickle. I have an 18 M3 LR. When I picked it up they said they have no control over the software and it’s up to Tesla to push to my car

Currently subscribed to FSD on 2024.8.7 (FSD 11). Just got the message that 2024.14 is ready to install. Should I wait instead for 2024.9.5 for FSD 12.4? Is that even possible, wait it out until another update gets sent to me, or am I ‘stuck’ with 2024.14.8?
I don't think anyone knows for sure. My gut says you won't get offered 9.5 if you don't install 14.8 but you never know.
If you do decide to install 14.8, let me know if you get the free trial offer so I can let my friend know if it is a 14.8 thing (not giving trials like 14.6 did) or his car is an anomaly.

I don't think anyone knows for sure. My gut says you won't get offered 9.5 if you don't install 14.8 but you never know.
If you do decide to install 14.8, let me know if you get the free trial offer so I can let my friend know if it is a 14.8 thing (not giving trials like 14.6 did) or his car is an anomaly.
I already subscribe to FSD so I heard I’ll get the subsequent month free.

Did anyone get the 14.8 update from 8.9 and get the free trial? My friend just went from 8.9 to 14.8 and it didn't give him the trial. Wanted to know if others are getting the trial with 14.8 or not? Thanks
Just updated from 8.9 to 14.8 this afternoon and no free trial for me. Seems like that’s the case for everyone I’ve seen posting about 8.9>14.8 thus far.

Maybe it’s just delayed and we’ll get it soon 🤞🏻

Just updated from 8.9 to 14.8 this afternoon and no free trial for me. Seems like that’s the case for everyone I’ve seen posting about 8.9>14.8 thus far.

Maybe it’s just delayed and we’ll get it soon 🤞🏻
Thanks for the report. Yeah, I haven't read anyone getting it from 14.8 yet. Maybe it is some delay and will be implemented shortly??