Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unofficial BlackBerry 10 App - Model S for BlackBerry

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Out of curiosity, are you a pilot? :) If so, how does the Tesla compare to whatever plane you're flying?

I am a weekend warrior pilot. I fly an Eclipse 500 (twin engine jet) and a Cirrus SR22 (single engine propeller). I can't really compare a car and a plane, but the large screen in the Tesla does remind me a bit of the MFD (Multi Function Display) we have in planes.

Eclipse Cockpit

IMG_7839.jpg

I was at BBJam all week, sorry we didn't get to meet. Won an award for my other app, CB 10 - CB10 wins BlackBerry Developer Community Award! | CrackBerry.com

I drove my Tesla down (live in Gainesville 1.5 hrs north), the Marriott has two GE chargers in the employee parking lot. We shot a video for CrackBerry of me demonstrating the app, should be posted later this week.

The Q10 version of the app has been submitted and is pending approval. It still needs some tweaks but works OK on the smaller screen.

Was that you struggling to load TV equipment into the gray S? We saw it at universal, then was parked right up front when you (or the owner of that car) was packing up yesterday. I almost went over, but I hate being nagged myself ;)

Don't browse crackberry much, but I did download cb10 since tapatalk isn't free and is a port. Can't wait til my device gets 10.2 and the updated sdks hit :)

Was that you struggling to load TV equipment into the gray S? We saw it at universal, then was parked right up front when you (or the owner of that car) was packing up yesterday. I almost went over, but I hate being nagged myself ;)

Don't browse crackberry much, but I did download cb10 since tapatalk isn't free and is a port. Can't wait til my device gets 10.2 and the updated sdks hit :)

Yeah that was me at both places. No other sedan can as easily hold 3 x 60" LED TVs, three tv floor stands, a 21" monitor, box of AV cables, and my luggage!

posting in the various media :) Crackberry, crackberry forum and here...

Hi Marcus,

Have you noticed the app is not functioning well anymore since V4.5 was introduced? Miles (or km) of charge doesn't show up, in the minimized window it always show 222 mi (I have a 60kWh so maybe that is the max charge I can get) and standard and max range charge seems irrelevant now that the set limit bar has replace the std and max buttons

Hope you're listening

PB

posting in the various media :) Crackberry, crackberry forum and here...

Hi Marcus,

Have you noticed the app is not functioning well anymore since V4.5 was introduced? Miles (or km) of charge doesn't show up, in the minimized window it always show 222 mi (I have a 60kWh so maybe that is the max charge I can get) and standard and max range charge seems irrelevant now that the set limit bar has replace the std and max buttons

Hope you're listening

PB

Just got 4.5 last week, but the app still works for me. Can you delete and re-install?

Will look at replacing the range input eventually.

Thanks to Marcus, BB10 users have had access to their car using his app. But BB10 users are now able to load the Android Tesla app. The Blackberry community forum has a very simple process for doing this. Finally! And it appears to work for all Android apps. I assume this is a streamlined, side loading process...either way, it's quite convenient.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com...want-to-run-Android-Apps-on-Your/td-p/2784957

While loading this app does 'connect' to the Calendar function in the vehicle...it doesn't seem to physically connect to the Calendar on my BB10. Once again, I assume that this is because its expecting an iOS calendar app, as opposed to a BB10 calendar app.

So I foolishly signed out from the "Model S for Blackberry" app and now I can't log back in. Did they change the back end or something? I was able to download the apk pof the Android app but the map doesn't appear. Anyone else having trouble?

I have both apps (this one and the official Android one) running great on my BlackBerry Passport with OS 10.3.2. Functionally, they're quite similar. However, the map only works in this one (due to the Android one requiring Google services for that).

Just wish this app could use the same car graphics as the official one, though its obvious why it probably cannot get away with doing that.
Also wish this app could do calendar integration. I think whoever did the 3rd party Windows Phone app figured out that part, but not 100% sure.

I have both apps (this one and the official Android one) running great on my BlackBerry Passport with OS 10.3.2. Functionally, they're quite similar. However, the map only works in this one (due to the Android one requiring Google services for that).

Just wish this app could use the same car graphics as the official one, though its obvious why it probably cannot get away with doing that.
Also wish this app could do calendar integration. I think whoever did the 3rd party Windows Phone app figured out that part, but not 100% sure.
When was the last time you logged in to the native BB10 app? I think Tesla has changed their auth method or something on the back end. My wife has an iPhone and never updates any software. Her app wouldn't connect. Of course she didn't want to wait until she got home for me to fix it so I'm doing it over the phone. I think she isn't inputting the password correctly so I reset our MyTesla password. She says it still won't work. So I log out of my account on the native BB10 app and try to log back in. No dice. Cannot log back in. So I install the Android one and I can log in so I know the password is right. Had my wife upgrade her iOS Tesla app and all is working.

But my Native BB10 app is dead in the water. So I'm guessing that as long as your phone keeps its token it will keep working. But if you log out you're toast. So don't log out!

Maybe Marcus could jump back in and update the login process?