Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm gonna bury this here so I don't ruin the "surprise" with a new thread but summarizing some of the changes that are coming

1) Apple podcasts
2) Arcade updates
3) Automatic 911 dialing when airbags deploy
4) Speed cameras, stop signs, stoplights on Nav
5) Pillar camera access
6) Red shading on blind spot camera when object is detected
7) New light show
8) Some other stuff too...
pretty spot on

Reactions: Daniel L
Really? This update takes away my biggest gripe, which is a lack of CarPlay, now that we have Waze like camera alerts and, as someone who uses Apple Music and Podcasts, the ability to now use those without having to mess about with my phone.
Well not really. First you’ve had Apple Music for a year as it was Santa Musk gift from the last Christmas update already. I’m not listening to enough Podcasts for the additional app to make a difference.

I like having CarPlay to interact with my WhatsApp conversations for instance, so this doesn’t address anything for me yet.

As for Waze, the strength of a speed camera app is in the community built around it to swiftly report issues, camera vans, and road closures and make sure data is always accurate and up to date

So as Tesla’s own solution will either require another Tesla owner to have driven on that particular road just before, or will rely on static data from (unknown?) data vendor, it will never match a proper Waze integration with its daily active users base, which is honestly, what we all wanted in the first place. No need to reinvent the wheel.

I suspect they developed this for one reason only: that it’s actually an admission that relying purely on Vision doesn’t work, and that AP/FSD needs to know where red lights and stop signs are to better anticipate braking and acceleration.

Reactions: DJ Palmis
I want a Halloween 🎃 update why does Christmas get all the attention? I appreciate Carole of the bells, grandma got ran over, and the other songs, not to mention the arrival, but who ever the tech is for cool updates CAN U PLEASE DO A FULL ON HALLOWEEN UPDATE…..pumpkin mode in addition to Santa mode, greatly appreciated.

• Disagree
Reactions: DJ Palmis