Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Integration for highway radar app or similar?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I'm a new owner of a Model X. I recently started using the highway radar app integrated with Waze (which is amazing). The map shown on the app while driving is really awesome given it has real time info on speed traps, heat map of risk of speed trap areas, details on radar detector detections, etc.
I would love to have this shown on the Tesla center screen instead of its own boring map. I imagine there's no native way to run this app on the Tesla itself, is that right? Is screencast the only way to do this? Suggestions for best screencast app? I am on Android.

The supported process to screencast from a phone to a vehicle screen is Android Auto or Apple CarPlay. Tesla supports neither solution.

There are hacks that relay video through the web browser from a phone, but these really are just hacks. Some of these use external hardware like the Raspberry Pi. They are not consumer-friendly setups and difficult to get (and keep) working properly.

I would just find a way to mount your phone and continue running Waze on your phone.