Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got my crystal ball warmed up. I have predictions for the next 6 months (assuming production hits as planned):

- Volatility will continue through end of September with share price fluctuating from $26-$36.
- Beginning October when production hits full throttle, share price will not go below $30 and will test $40. This will last through end of year.
- Beginning January share price will not fall below $33 and will test low $40's.
- By March, if reservations increase and there is evidence steady state backlog, share price will test mid to upper $40's

Anyone else care to prognosticate?

I've got my crystal ball warmed up. I have predictions for the next 6 months (assuming production hits as planned):

- Volatility will continue through end of September with share price fluctuating from $26-$36.
- Beginning October when production hits full throttle, share price will not go below $30 and will test $40. This will last through end of year.
- Beginning January share price will not fall below $33 and will test low $40's.
- By March, if reservations increase and there is evidence steady state backlog, share price will test mid to upper $40's

Anyone else care to prognosticate?
I'd say you are pretty spot on in regards to the events, the prices are kind of just grabbing a number out of the air at this point though.

My guess is this will have little to no effect on TSLA.

I'm not entirely convinced it will either, maybe we will see a slight down turn. I haven't kept up with the fisker fires, but wasn't it concluded that it wasn't the battery that started it but the motor itself? This is more about a hybrid vehicle then a pure EV.

Though if it drops to 25 dollars, man I will be so happy. I have been saving up all my pennies to jump back in at the right time and ride it till my delivery date. :)

Shorts

With 28M shorted shares and a float of 64M, does that mean that 30 out of every 100 shares I own I have bought from "speculative" investors?

Do I understand correctly that 92M shares are currently held in long positions?

What happens when such an investor goes belly up? How realistic is that scenario? How often has this happened before? What are the consequences for long positions in such a case?

TSLA doesn't seem to want to push down. Usually after a rally like we've seen, the stock seemed to "free fall" at least a few percent each day. It's holding pretty tough right now, but I am still standing pat until a bigger drop.

You might get your wish soon. Resistance seems to be at around $30.40. If we don't break through it, I suspect there will be a harsh sell-off back to the $26's.

Price limits on Limit Order

I tried to set up limit orders to sell portions of stock at different points in case there's a short squeeze or similar when I'm not able to get to a computer. When setting up a $75 limit order it told me that the limit price was too far from the market price. Are there actual market limits to what prices you're allowed to set up limit trades for, or is this just a rule imposed by my trading platform?

I tried to set up limit orders to sell portions of stock at different points in case there's a short squeeze or similar when I'm not able to get to a computer. When setting up a $75 limit order it told me that the limit price was too far from the market price. Are there actual market limits to what prices you're allowed to set up limit trades for, or is this just a rule imposed by my trading platform?

I'm not sure because I've never set a limit so far from the current market price, but I want to reiterate incase you missed the discussion a few pages back: I do not recommend setting limit orders to sell shares (or buy for that matter) at prices that are way-out-there and then keeping them open indefinitely. If the price takes a sudden plunge one day, well below or above your limit, you risk having your order filled at prices nowhere near the market price that day.

As an alternative, I suggest setting a notification. Have your broker email you when the price reaches X (where you would have set the limit order). That way, once you get the notification, you can get yourself to a computer, check on the news of the day and the current market price, then make an informed decision about whether or not to buy or sell that day and at what price.

Status
Not open for further replies.