Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tracking P85D delivery thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fantastic time to buy in, Tesla doing the right thing and not delivering cars until they are completely 100% happy, Elon is apparently cool about things.

Tesla could be doing a much better job on communications but.....Glass half-full.

I agree with what you said other than I think it's more than half full even in the communication part. Companies do not have to and they should not be micromanaged by customers or even share holders. The only thing that matters to customers and share holders is if they deliver the result. When customers receive their quality built car, and they most likely will be soon, the detail of how it gets there should not matter to them other than to satisfy people's curiosity. It's not any companies' resposibility to satisfy people's curiosity.

....the detail of how it gets there should not matter to them other than to satisfy people's curiosity. It's not any companies' resposibility to satisfy people's curiosity.

I agree with you up to this point; it's not about "curiosity" but Tesla has been historically bad at proactive communication and they would save themselves a lot of grief if they'd just come out and say something, anything, to stop customers getting frustrated with sitting in the dark. It's not been unusual to have situations where even the DS doesn't know what's really happening.

Btw, I notice that some of the members who remain very cool are guys like "andrewket" and "lolachampcar" who've been through this before. (+ve rep from me guys)

It's not any companies' resposibility to satisfy people's curiosity.

Correct, however this is far beyond "people's curiosity". This is about managing expectations that Tesla themselves have set to their own customers. Example: Tesla sets a delivery date, then pushes it back a few days, then cancels it altogether with no ETA - and worse, no reason given for the cancellation. Communication is everything and so far there has been none (official, that is).

Andrew, any updates on a response from Jerome? I've taken it upon myself to email him as well. I think if a bunch of us do, there will be enough attention brought up on this matter to warrant some sort of official communiqué.

I agree with you up to this point; it's not about "curiosity" but Tesla has been historically bad at proactive communication and they would save themselves a lot of grief if they'd just come out and say something, anything, to stop customers getting frustrated with sitting in the dark. It's not been unusual to have situations where even the DS doesn't know what's really happening.

Btw, I notice that some of the members who remain very cool are guys like "andrewket" and "lolachampcar" who've been through this before. (+ve rep from me guys)

I wen back and looked at the delivery thread for the Sig's a little over 2 years ago in Sept 2012. Nigel, you made a lot of posts...

Here are a couple of my posts. My Sig was originally scheduled an 8/28/2012 delivery, but with door handles, and then 12V battery problems, and then my travels, I did not get it until 9/14/12, a total of 17 days delay. That was frustrating, but in the end, I got a wonderful car, and was happy that the door handles worked and the 12V battery worked (for a while).

Model S Delivery Update - Page 58 - Here are some dates.

Model S Delivery Update - Page 67 - Here is my delivery picture.

The P85D's will arrive; patience is a virtue!

Fantastic time to buy in, Tesla doing the right thing and not delivering cars until they are completely 100% happy, Elon is apparently cool about things.

Tesla could be doing a much better job on communications but.....Glass half-full.

I'm with you. Elon Musk could fart optimistically into a microphone (or a Tweet) and the stock would shoot back up 20 points. It's volatile. Buy on the dips.

Meanwhile, I'm still impatiently awaiting my Model X so I'm looking forward to seeing the P85D get out there and get some traction. (AWD... traction... you see what I did there?)

-CB

I wen back and looked at the delivery thread for the Sig's a little over 2 years ago in Sept 2012. Nigel, you made a lot of posts...

Yup. My original VIN had such big problems it couldn't pass quality control. Eventually Tesla built me a new car from scratch but I ended up with delivery about a month behind everyone else. On the plus side I also made some good friends at Tesla and we remain in touch (and even in business together) to this day.