Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Tire Repair Kit details

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought the tire plug kit from Griots Garage and threw in a can of tire sensor safe Slime. Comes with pliers....hope I never have to use it. Threw in some rubber gloves and a plastic garbage bag to lay on the ground if needed.

Jim, I got the Griot's Garage one as well. I avoided the slime, was afraid of keeping a pressurized container in my car plus it could damage the TPS.
Panacea, can you post a link to the sensor safe slime...just curious...

Gloves are a great idea as is a plastic garbage bag, I had a piece of cardboard which quickly became saturated.

Jim, I got the Griot's Garage one as well. I avoided the slime, was afraid of keeping a pressurized container in my car plus it could damage the TPS.

Gloves are a great idea as is a plastic garbage bag, I had a piece of cardboard which quickly became saturated.

It is the green can of slime with a yellow label on it exclaiming tire sensor safe. Slime Quick Spair. Bought it at my local Autozone.

Here is the Amazon link:Slime 60090 Large Tire Quick Spair - 20 oz : Amazon.com : Automotive

Last edited:

I went with this Slime kit that claims to be TPMS safe. Also, the bottle of slime isn't pressurized. It's just a water bottle. You can see it better here in the refill kit.

Doh! Got another screw in one of my tires today. Fortunately it didn't go through and my tire guy clipped it off.
Another drywall screw...No repair necessary this time...

He clipped it before I could get a picture, although I should have taken a picture when I noticed it 40 miles from home...

Clipped it? You mean he left part of the screw in the tire?

Drywall screws are usually at least 1-1/4" long. More than enough to go all the way through. Long enough to worry about hitting the rim on a 35 series tire.

Yeah, surprised me. Most of the screw was sticking out of the tire (and it was bent).
I was at a local performance shop and the owner tended to my wheel.

Think worst case guys, Murphy's law etc, what if you have a flat in pitch black dark
in the desert or mountains, nearest town one hour.

OK, you have your Coastal headlight, warning triangles and flares, but how will you
locate the puncture? This is where slime kits are superior, this is just my opinion.

Think worst case guys, Murphy's law etc, what if you have a flat in pitch black dark
in the desert or mountains, nearest town one hour.

OK, you have your Coastal headlight, warning triangles and flares, but how will you
locate the puncture? This is where slime kits are superior, this is just my opinion.

I carry an LED flashlight in the kit, it is not easy to find the offending object though.
My flat came in June during the day but it was POURING RAIN.

Can I use the Tesla tire repair kit as a regular air compressor? just for routine tire maintenance and pump air into my bicycle.
I don't have the kit myself but have been looking into it or alternatives...
But if the kit is as described and pictured in the owner's manual (page 133 of the v7 manual), then looks like "yes", it looks like a regular compressor that attaches to a bottle of sealant.

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread but it is one of the top hits on Google. I will answer the question originally posed by the OP, but for the current-generation Tesla Tire Repair Kit. It is manufactured by "TEK Automotive (Shanghai) Co Ltd." and imported into the USA by "TEK Corporation" in Troy, MI (or into Europe by "TEK Automotive S.r.l. Unipersonale" in Presaro, Italy). The manufacturer's model name for this product appears to be "Tesla SENSOR 2". This info is all from the label on the shrink wrap. The user guide mentions that replacement cannisters can be bought from fixandgo.com. That storefront also has non-Tesla-branded kits from this same manufacturer, but the product images show physical differences other than just branding. I imagine the products are very similar though.