Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just realized something. Every time I drive my car I'm having a Tesla moment. I already have 17,000 miles on #2, (48,000 on #1 before I sold her). I leave early tomorrow morning for my 4th road trip to Charlotte, and I'm super excited...mostly to see the friends I'm going to visit, but also for the drive itself. I mean, I get to use a new supercharger! Columbia opened since my last trip, and that will make a huge difference as it's only 81 miles from there to my destination, instead of 170 or so from Santee (which used to be my last stop). Since I only have 110 at my friends' house, arriving with more miles will be helpful.

I still appreciate just how fortunate I am to own such an incredible and beautiful machine, nearly 4 years in.

I just realized something. Every time I drive my car I'm having a Tesla moment. I already have 17,000 miles on #2, (48,000 on #1 before I sold her). I leave early tomorrow morning for my 4th road trip to Charlotte, and I'm super excited...mostly to see the friends I'm going to visit, but also for the drive itself. I mean, I get to use a new supercharger! Columbia opened since my last trip, and that will make a huge difference as it's only 81 miles from there to my destination, instead of 170 or so from Santee (which used to be my last stop). Since I only have 110 at my friends' house, arriving with more miles will be helpful.

I still appreciate just how fortunate I am to own such an incredible and beautiful machine, nearly 4 years in.

You're racking up the miles faster than I am. Our cars are only two weeks apart in age, but mine just rolled to 6000 miles as I pulled into the garage the other day. I have a few days trips on the car and one long trip, but working from home I'm not running up commuter miles.

Reactions: Btrflyl8e
A story I also have posted in FB Tesla Owners Worldwide, but as this is one of my favorite threads on TMC, don't want to keep it from you all.
Yesterday evening we were at an event with some 50 Balinese people in The Netherlands, including the Indonesian ambassador. With nice "Babi Guling" (grilled suckling pig, Balinese style). Can't have a meeting with Balinese people without sharing delicious food of course....
There were children too, and just before we left the party, I saw a small gang of 8-10 year old boys from the gathering and told them: want to see a really nice car? It was pitch dark outside, so I used the 'honk horn' and 'flash lights' from the app.
Well, if I didn't have their attention, I surely had it after that. What kind of a car was that? So, we went up to it and I let them sit in the car and explained some things. You really don't need to explain those little guys the workings of a touchscreen. Within seconds they had the complete map of The Netherlands on the screen. They thought that was veeery cool.
After I had brought them back to the gathering I heard one of them shout very loud: I don't want a Ferrari anymore, I want a TESLA!!
Mmm, I love to do this kind of nice mission work! :)

I have a facelift too and they were warning me back in June about it. I still think they may have quietly done something to reinforce the frunk lid.
A few years ago there were lots of complaint s about frunk creases. I haven't seen one in over a year.
I think they reinforced the area but are still warning people out of an abundance of caution. You probably still could put a crease in it if you pushed really hard but not with normal pressure.

This

This has been my experience also. 85D is glued to the road. I've floored it and slammed the brakes and it doesn't slip. Third winter with it. Air suspension helps keep it above deeper snow.
Best car ever.

I've had the same experience on my RWD S. I ended up driving it over the 4WD 4Runner last winter b/c the Tesla did better in the snow around here. Now I don't even have the 4Runner anymore, so it definitely is the S driving in the snow.

I had my first really good Tesla Moment this afternoon driving home from town (I live in the country). I pulled up to a stop light next to a new body style corvette, looked over and smiled at the Older Gentleman (in his mid-sixties?) driving the Vett. He rolled down down his window so I rolled mine down and the following conversation happened:

OG (Older Gentleman): What kind of car is that?
Me: This is a Tesla.

OG: That's very nice looking. Is it all electric?
Me: Yes, it is.

OG: Is it fast?
Me: Yes, it is.

OG: Would you like to are?
Me: Sure!

The light turned green and we both stomped it. I took him immediately (S85) but I'm pretty sure that was because he broke traction and I'm sure he may have embarrassed me but the two lanes had to merge into one and I was ahead of him at that point. When I turned off the highway we waved at one another...

I sure hope I helped to make another Tesla convert!!

Second hand Tesla moment.

A friend told me that her neighbor was at a stop light in his Lexus SUV when he was rear-ended by a Tesla at fairly high speed… by a prospective Tesla buyer on a test drive, in fact.

Bad day for Tesla? Well, yes and no. The guy who was rear-ended had been thinking about buying a Tesla and was so impressed by the fact that no one in the totaled Tesla was injured that he ordered a Tesla the next week. The guy who caused the wreck was so impressed at how the crumple zone had protected him that he ordered two Teslas.

A friend told me that her neighbor was at a stop light in his Lexus SUV when he was rear-ended by a Tesla at fairly high speed… by a prospective Tesla buyer on a test drive, in fact.

Bad day for Tesla? Well, yes and no. The guy who was rear-ended had been thinking about buying a Tesla and was so impressed by the fact that no one in the totaled Tesla was injured that he ordered a Tesla the next week. The guy who caused the wreck was so impressed at how the crumple zone had protected him that he ordered two Teslas.
That's a "test drive" in the sense that test pilots use "test flight".

So was this accident due to AutoPilot or user not paying attention? So what happens in this instance of repair who covers it?

The guy who was rear-ended had been thinking about buying a Tesla and was so impressed by the fact that no one in the totaled Tesla was injured that he ordered a Tesla the next week. The guy who caused the wreck was so impressed at how the crumple zone had protected him that he ordered two Teslas.
Maybe he ordered two because he was going to buy one anyway and felt bad for wrecking the inventory vehicle.

My first thought before I looked at brucet999's location was "Only in California can three Tesla sales be the direct result of two random people in an accident." I wish it was that easy here. :p

So was this accident due to AutoPilot or user not paying attention? So what happens in this instance of repair who covers it?
Actually, the guy claimed to have been distracted trying to engage auto pilot and didn't see the stopped traffic until too late. Seems odd, though, since Tesla folks here in OC never suggested I try AutoPilot until we were on a freeway. Maybe the San Diego area stores are different.

I would like to share a Tesla moment .. I just got my Model S60 about 50 days ago (already 1800 miles !) Several years ago when the MS had just come out - I used to park in a different garage downtown and there it was .. one of the first MS in Charlotte. This person had literally the best parking space in the garage and everyone walked by the car. That is when my research began .. gas was high back then .. so that was my first angle .. no chance numbers don't work .. and still almost 90k for the car so I continued to follow in the background. Soon there were one or two other MS in the parking garage .. me still jealous. Long story short .. I am at lunch today off campus and see another MS. It turns out it is the same person's that I have admired from afar all these years (license plate). I think we talked once in the elevator when I worked in that building .. so I go over there and introduce myself .. and tell him I have admired his car from the begining and finally got the $ to get my own. It was great to share.