Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My brother (retired from real work) drives new/off lease/slightly used vehicles to/from auctions/dealer lots for a chap in the Toronto area.

Yesterday when my brother showed up at his bosses compound, “It looked like Tesla central”.

When he asked his boss what the story was, the reply was “We are getting into EVs now”.

The long and the short of it: there were “two brand new Model Ys that (his boss) bought from (?) and they are being sold to a Chrysler dealership in Toronto that wants new Tesla’s on the lot.”

We live in interesting times.
LOL true that. While FSD progress may have slowed considerably, there's still no doubt that demand for these cars is through the roof, even accounting for supply/demand disruptions in general.

Reactions: navguy12
My girlfriend and I drove over to the California coast Half Moon Bay in November with my girlfriend's beagle mix, and we usually stop at an Italian bakery in San Mateo for a dessert to go with our picnic lunch. My job is to walk the dog while she goes into the bakery. I opened the FWD to get the dog out and the door did not go up all of the way. Backing out with the dog in my arms, I whacked my head on the door. A couple driving past in their ICE car stopped to admire the doors and observed my collision, and I turned around, smiled as I ducked and remarked "I have a funny car!" We all laughed and they remarked "yes, you do!"

• Funny
Reactions: bmah and navguy12
A friend of mine was considering a used Model S. The following is part of our text conversation.

1661360654703.png

1661360681031.png

Last edited:
Had a slightly sad Tesla Moment yesterday. I was at the supermarket and while loading the car to leave I noticed a Model 3 pull in with a lighted badge on the back. I thought it interesting and approached the driver while putting my cart away and asked if it was aftermarket. I noticed the car had a paper plate from a BMW dealer, so it was probably bought used. She said she didn't have a clue about it.

The good news and the bad news is Tesla is going mainstream.