Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Tesla moments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW, when I picked up my facelift in December, they still warned us about the fragility of the hood and the proper way to close it.
Oh yes, when I'm washing the hood of my facelift MS it's like cradling a baby bird :)
Come on guys, I'm all for weight saving, but a few extra kgs on that gigantic expanse of hood would be metal well spent...

There is no "or" here -- only "and". The use of AutoPilot in no way lessens the requirement for the user to pay attention. Really, it's
not even "and" -- it is simply "User not paying attention."
The person of interest was on a test drive so their lack of knowledge of AP is certainly a factor. My point is that AP has been known to not detect objects to stop in time. In no way was I implying that AP requires no attention.

We were in a pre-facelift loaner on our way to drop off my wife at the train station (our S has the "Driver Assistance Features Unavailable") and I had to step on the accelerator to squeeze into traffic. My wife and I didn't think anything of it until we hear our two-year-old say, "Oooh, this car is a supercar too!" That remark made both of us laugh and made a good start for the day.

Later in the afternoon, as I was putting our two-year-old in the car seat to pick up our S from the SC, I hear someone say, "Nice Tesla!" I turned my head around and I see my next door neighbor (owns a Porsche Boxster) walking towards us. A little Tesla time ensued and it turns out he's a Tesla fanatic too! He already knew that the Service Center closest to us had recently moved from the Villa Park, IL location to Westmont, IL. I just learned about it a few days ago when I had to make the appointment.

Last edited:
My wife has a friend that has long loved Teslas. She has taken many rides in my wife's S85, but was not shy about saying she preferred the Roadster, so they often took that when they'd go out.

Last September I replaced the Roadster with an S P90DL. They took that today; it was her first ride in one. My wife took a longer route to get a freeway on-ramp where she could do a good launch from zero.

Afterwards, my wife's friend said "Wow! I am going to tell my husband not to expect anything tonight, because I already had mine!"

This week I went to my regular hairdresser, a small Turkish business in Hoofddorp in The Netherlands. I was neatly trimmed by one of the employees, settled the bill, saluted the owner who was sitting on a bench next to the exit and wished him a good day. "Not a good day at all", he replies. Clearly there was something wrong, but I chose not to continue on the subject.
Instead I asked him whether he would like to experience something nice. There was a questioning look on his face and I invited him to walk outside with me. Arriving at the car I let him get in, and we took a ride around the town. During the ride I answered all the usual questions. Clearly a whole new world opened up for him, just like it did for all of us the first time we stepped in.
Afterwards I dropped him off at his shop. On my question whether his day was OK now, I received a "Yeah!" with broad grateful smile and a firm handshake.
And with something like that my day is totally made! :)

My wife drives a Suburban, but couldn't find her keys last night to go pick up our son, so she asked if she could take the Tesla.

I've had it three months, and she's not driven it once because she's "intimidated" by it, and also enjoys being up high in the Suburban.

So she takes it out, and forgets her phone, so I'm at home totally nervous that she'll have some sort of problem.

They make it back home fine... but there is a problem: she LOVES it! Keeps repeating how much she doesn't just like, but LOVES the car.

So today she's found the lost keys... but does she take the Suburban to go shopping? Nope:

full

Any tips on getting my car back? :rolleyes:

My wife drives a Suburban, but couldn't find her keys last night to go pick up our son, so she asked if she could take the Tesla.

I've had it three months, and she's not driven it once because she's "intimidated" by it, and also enjoys being up high in the Suburban.

So she takes it out, and forgets her phone, so I'm at home totally nervous that she'll have some sort of problem.

They make it back home fine... but there is a problem: she LOVES it! Keeps repeating how much she doesn't just like, but LOVES the car.

So today she's found the lost keys... but does she take the Suburban to go shopping? Nope:

full

Seems like the answer is simple, if not terribly cheap - trade the Suburban in on an X (so she can go back to sitting up high.) :)

full

CPO an AP1 60D.

Ok, problem solved - just confirmed with Raliegh sales they have a 90D with SAS available for me to test drive. And a P100D... :cool:

Man, those lost keys are going to be expensive! :rolleyes:

That's probably because she hasn't sat in one and been wowed by the windshield and visibility or discovered doors that open and close themselves. :)

An X would make sense for us since we have to cross a stream to get to our mountain house, but I'm hoping the S with SAS will rise enough to make it through less than a foot of water. I've taken my old 944 through it, so it should be possible.

• Funny
Reactions: ModelX and Saghost
Ok, problem solved - just confirmed with Raliegh sales they have a 90D with SAS available for me to test drive. And a P100D... :cool:

Man, those lost keys are going to be expensive! :rolleyes:

For my SO, she doesn't like sedans and she doesn't like large cars. She prefers either coupes or Subaru wagon type cars. She had a 96 Outback that she gave to her ex and she now has a 2013 Impreza. More and more she's been asking if it's OK to take the Tesla to her office. She works from home about half time and I work from home full time, so there are days I don't go anywhere and I'm fine with her taking the car if I don't need it.

She is hyper about boundaries and always checks in with me before taking the car, but one day a couple of weeks ago she thought we had a discussion about her taking the car but it was only in her head. I came out to run errands looking forward to driving the Tesla only to find it was gone and I had to take the Subaru. Not only the Subaru, but the old 96 Outback because she and her ex had traded off cars temporarily.

When I told her the expected dimensions of the Model 3, she said it was still too big and she didn't like the sedan style. A couple of weeks ago she said maybe the Model 3's dimensions weren't that bad...

Seeing her hatred of sedans and big cars melt in the face of Tesla lust is kind of funny.

An X would make sense for us since we have to cross a stream to get to our mountain house, but I'm hoping the S with SAS will rise enough to make it through less than a foot of water. I've taken my old 944 through it, so it should be possible.

I had to wade a very large puddle in the street a couple of months back. The Accord in front of me almost stalled out in the middle of it, but the Model S "sailed" on through with no issues. All the important bits down there are in a sealed system isolated from the environment and the bottom is like a flat bottomed boat, so it has a tendency to float a bit of the water gets high enough.