Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Great Ocean Road VIC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since I get down this way on occasion and it's slated for operation in the next 5 and a bit months thought we should have a thread to update on anything we spot.

If the current map reference is accurate then the most likely location would seem to be a small carpark on the ocean side of the Great Ocean Road, just outside of the main part of town (as the actual address is a residence, possibly the closest google maps provides to that spot). Hopefully this is inconvenient enough to reduce the chance of ICE-ing if so, since Lorne in peak seasons is a parking nightmare..

Reactions: bradjc
It's official. Date changed to 2018 - not happening any time soon!

image_360.png

• Informative
Reactions: bradjc
Ballarat appeared in January with a end of 2017 target so it might just mean they know they won't make the end of the year. Their target granularity is always 12 months :)

I think it's likely we'll see something in January, somewhere at least. With 15 sites scheduled for 2018 it's likely they'll be spread throughout the year a bit more (as opposed to a mad rush in the last few months like previous years).

I guess there's still no news on this supercharger. Still listed as coming soon, but it's been that way for years now.

It's great that there's the chargefox ultra fast charger in Torquay, which I may use once I get a CCS2 adapter for my S, but it would be great to have a supercharger on the GOR somewhere.

I tried out the chargefox "ultra fast charger" in Torquay at the RACV club today, as I was doing a day trip from Melbourne to Torquay and back.
The placement of the charging bays was good - just drive into the RACV club carpark area, and keep going forwards towards the underground carpark, and it is just past the main doorway in, on the right hand side.

I had to reverse park, as the cable was too short to reach the rear of my Model 3.
$5 of charge was about 100km.

I was just trying out the charger ahead of summer - I didn't actually need a top-up for today's journey. :)
If I had free supercharging, then I'd obviously prefer a supercharger - but without, Chargefox appears to be a similar price to Tesla for supercharging (when not a free destination charger).

I tried out the chargefox "ultra fast charger" in Torquay at the RACV club today, as I was doing a day trip from Melbourne to Torquay and back.
The placement of the charging bays was good - just drive into the RACV club carpark area, and keep going forwards towards the underground carpark, and it is just past the main doorway in, on the right hand side.

I had to reverse park, as the cable was too short to reach the rear of my Model 3.
$5 of charge was about 100km.

I was just trying out the charger ahead of summer - I didn't actually need a top-up for today's journey. :)
If I had free supercharging, then I'd obviously prefer a supercharger - but without, Chargefox appears to be a similar price to Tesla for supercharging (when not a free destination charger).

Unless something has changed, the RACV club at Torquay has Tesla Destination chargers (free) further along that wall as well as 3phase plugs and a J1772.

Reactions: sauhsoj