Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mildura, Vic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cross check the video and the plugshare entry, the address in plugshare seems correct
825A Fifteenth St, Mildura VIC 3500
South corner of Dan Murphys carpark

edit: the location from Tesla Supercharger map is really accurate.
1710915647587.png

Last edited:
Reactions: PStewart and srwx
V3 stall design, a little disappointing, but they are positioned in the centre of the parking spaces, so an easy upgrade to the V4 dispenser. Only 4 stalls?

Good location near the Gateway and a short stroll to GyG, Ampol and the 24/7 BP/OTR.

Now on with the rest of the Melbourne-Mildura and Adelaide-Sydney routes!

Last edited:
Reactions: gazpachopolice
From top 5 voting podium to build 2.5 months
Was the site secured and DA approved prior to close of voting?
No DA required. Conversion of existing spaces to EV charging is an exempt development.
Given it is also only 4 stalls with one v3 cabinet there may likely have also been sparse capacity so possibly also no high voltage transformer approval was required from energy distributor.
It is possible it was all done in 2.5 months. Though I am also still skeptical. I also wonder whether the voting sites are just a better coming soon source of information from Tesla. Particularly the non-urban sites.

It is possible it was all done in 2.5 months. Though I am also still skeptical. I also wonder whether the voting sites are just a better coming soon source of information from Tesla. Particularly the non-urban sites.
There's probably an element of regional councils seeing that their little town was mentioned by Tesla as a site winner, kind of "prestigious" for want of a better word, and not something that they want to be seen to be blocking.

Reactions: Jules22
There's probably an element of regional councils seeing that their little town was mentioned by Tesla as a site winner, kind of "prestigious" for want of a better word, and not something that they want to be seen to be blocking.

The local rag thought it news worthy at the time of winning the vote,

Reactions: Chuq and Jules22
So pumped for this. As mentioned earlier I head up to Mildura weekly. So sick of relying on 50kw chargers for long distances. Makes an already long drive longer and a large charge up for the return leg very time consuming.

From Bendigo to Mildura I was able to make it comfortably in normal weather conditions with about 5% remaining in one go from 100% in my previous 3LR. It's a bit more touch and go with the Y LR and I've been stopping at the Ouyen charger for a 5% top up and quick toilet break. Haven't given it the full send yet. Same on the way back. Been hitting Inglewood for a 5% bump.

Those single CCS chargers are getting very busy now, even at odd times like late at night/midnight. Gone are the days I could pretty much be sure I could roll into them and not wait.

Sure hope sea lake is on the plans as it's halfway between Bendigo and Mildura. Another charger in Bendigo would be good actually on the Calder as it's a massive detour off the highway for anyone travelling up and through from Melbourne.

Another charger in Bendigo would be good actually on the Calder as it's a massive detour off the highway for anyone travelling up and through from Melbourne.
Definitely agree. The old v2's in Bendigo are often busy as well, so another site closer to the Calder makes a lot of sense. Ballarat got the Lucas site, so I guess there is hope of something similar happening in Bendigo.

Or even maybe a new site in Kyneton would allow skipping Bendigo all together to get to a theoretical Sea Lake/Wycheproof site. All depends on where you are coming from I guess.

Reactions: dronus