Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like these sites have recently had planning approval:
Just had a butchers at the plans and Reading looks like it could be 16 bays although 10 of them are marked phase 2 - who knows we will see. Peterborough is quite interesting as superchargers are included with a proposed restaurant / drive through.

Just had a butchers at the plans and Reading looks like it could be 16 bays although 10 of them are marked phase 2 - who knows we will see. Peterborough is quite interesting as superchargers are included with a proposed restaurant / drive through.
Just took a second look and doesn’t mention Tesla anywhere that I can see and I can’t see the two cabinets you would associate with eight Tesla chargers on the plans.

Just took a second look and doesn’t mention Tesla anywhere that I can see and I can’t see the two cabinets you would associate with eight Tesla chargers on the plans.
The Tesla V4 spec. is attached as a document in the associated discharge of conditions. Ref 24/00481/DISCHG

Admittedly this could be an EV Point site. I hadn't considered that...

Reactions: Oxid8ter
Well, an average over 12 and a minimum of 12 are different things, plus they may be talking about the US only - different countries may have different strategies. But I agree on popular routes and high population areas 12 really should be the minimum - with Rugby, Hopwood Park, South Mimms and Exeter all being much larger - central belt Scotland could do with some more capacity. I also agree with the point about rural areas - most of Scotland outside of the central belt and the M74 is a desert when it comes to superchargers (and third party equivalents) - it would make a lot of sense to have some 4-6 stall sites at various extremities on tourist routes, in the Highlands, ferry terminals to the islands, the South-West, and Borders.
Yes Supercharge up the NC500 please ;)

Reactions: zexpe
Yes Supercharge up the NC500 please ;)
The NC500 is too remote for superchargers. It is quite well equipped for Chargeplace Scotland chargers. When in the highlands, I have been able to charge overnight wherever I have been staying and never had range anxiety even on the Islands. Never really had cause to use Fort William SC. I am going to Berneray (North Uist) in June. I will be granny charging at the house I have rented

I used the new Larkhall superchargers for the first time last night. Easy to find, just off the M74, and as another poster said I didn’t have to register my car with hotel reception to prevent a £60 parking fine.

Attachments

• IMG_0207.jpeg
    IMG_0207.jpeg
    514.5 KB · Views: 6
There used to be a coming soon pin for Rownhams North Services. This was one of the sites due to get a power upgrade as part of the green recovery scheme but was struggling with planning for the power upgrade.

I went past the other day and there were now half a dozen Gridserve chargers powered up which have since become operational.

I wonder if Tesla will try and do something again now that there appears to be a bit of power.