Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tried the new charging site at Annesley yesterday. It's in another hotel car park, but it's a nice spot. It's just off the motorway and easier to get in and out of than East Midlands Designer Outlet Village. The hotel has a nice, large bar area with tables and sofas - good place for lunch or a coffee. It also has lawns and outdoor space which is handy if you have a dog with you.

As of yet very few people seem to have discovered it - so it was blissfully quiet compared to E.M.D.O.V.

Tried the new charging site at Annesley yesterday. It's in another hotel car park, but it's a nice spot. It's just off the motorway and easier to get in and out of than East Midlands Designer Outlet Village. The hotel has a nice, large bar area with tables and sofas - good place for lunch or a coffee. It also has lawns and outdoor space which is handy if you have a dog with you.

As of yet very few people seem to have discovered it - so it was blissfully quiet compared to E.M.D.O.V.
I recently had a similar experience at Larkhall (previously "Hamilton") - both in terms of the grounds and the restaurant/bar areas. Theoretically open to non-Tesla (but hard to find, I'd imagine, until it's fully published on Tesla's app etc. as pointed out by @Sean. and others) but just me and a couple of other Tesla cars charging when I was there. For me it's going to take preference over Eurocentral when passing through.
There's no Parking Eye type scheme in the car park either, which is a bonus these days (I wonder if it's a matter of time though?). It looks like the car park is in the process of being entirely resurfaced, when I visited the superchargers were on pristine tarmac but some areas were coned off to allow the work to continue. The works appear to have been scheduled to allow the charging stalls to open before the rest of the car park was done. Great stuff.

I recently had a similar experience at Larkhall (previously "Hamilton") - both in terms of the grounds and the restaurant/bar areas. Theoretically open to non-Tesla (but hard to find, I'd imagine, until it's fully published on Tesla's app etc. as pointed out by @Sean. and others) but just me and a couple of other Tesla cars charging when I was there. For me it's going to take preference over Eurocentral when passing through.
There's no Parking Eye type scheme in the car park either, which is a bonus these days (I wonder if it's a matter of time though?). It looks like the car park is in the process of being entirely resurfaced, when I visited the superchargers were on pristine tarmac but some areas were coned off to allow the work to continue. The works appear to have been scheduled to allow the charging stalls to open before the rest of the car park was done. Great stuff.
It’s now showing on the open-to-all map….

IMG_1081.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: adsheff and cezdoc
I just wonder if anyone has any idea if Tesla is actually building Supercharger in Kingston and Wimbledon, both were planned to be installed by Q4 2023 and now it is saying 2024, thanks
Unfortunately the Tesla map isn’t always a great guide. Some locations can be on there for years with the dates being pushed. The other side of the coin is that some new sites appear with no forewarning and with little delay.

Bar Hill service centre/supercharger.

With a few pieces of new steel lying around, we can just about declare that construction has started. Certainly the de-construction of the previous buildings is completed (if you want to see what it was like before, here's a Goole Streetview link: Google Maps )

Still some way from completion - maybe 6 months at an optimistic guess?

IMG_2560.jpeg Superchargers will be on the left in this photo, about where the red digger is.
IMG_2559.jpeg Quite a large site overall for the service centre.

Is there any information on the superchargers at Portsmouth West (Port Solent) still shown as targeted opening for Q1 2024?
I just had a look at Tesla's FindUs map and noticed that a few more of the coming soon target dates have recently been switched from specific quarters to just "2024":
Bridport (was Q1 2024)
Cannock (was Q2 2024)
Godstone (was Q1 2024)
Swindon (was Q1 2024)

That leave five overdue markers at time of writing:
Guildford (Q3 2023)
Washington N (Q4 2023)
Portsmouth - West (Q1 2024)
Preston - South (Q1 2024)
Taunton (Q1 2024)

Of these, Preston is constructed but I haven't come across reports of activity at any of the other prospective locations. Given that four markers due in Q1 2024 were updated it does beg the question why not update the other five? Also in favour of Portsmouth - West is that it has a planning application which was granted in August last year. Clearly something is planned but whether it will proceed, and to what timeline, remains a mystery.

Reactions: Buckminster