Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gloucester Southbound
IMG_8482.jpeg

It's reported in TOUK Facebook group that the expansion is an extra 8 V3s at a slightly different location in the main car park to the existing 8 V2s at Woodall Southbound Services.
I hope that I will still be able to clamber over the 60cm curb to cut through the lorries to go to the bathroom in the petrol station and use the lavatory with no locks on the door whilst charging at 60KW

No.
Firstly because that sign is at the entrance to an actual charging area not a service road into a motorway services which are generally prohibited and secondly because that photo is not of Woodall. Thirdly it was a joke.
Sorry, I go to Woodall quite often I could have sworn that I have to drive through a no entry sign that says except Tesla. I admit that photo does not look like Woodall as Woodall is not a cul-de-sac.

Anyway, the recently opened Annesley means I can probably avoid Woodall on the way back south.

Sorry, I go to Woodall quite often I could have sworn that I have to drive through a no entry sign that says except Tesla. I admit that photo does not look like Woodall as Woodall is not a cul-de-sac.

Anyway, the recently opened Annesley means I can probably avoid Woodall on the way back south.
There is but its not that one. The layout of the chargers in that photo is all wrong for Woodall but there is a similar sign

Well, an average over 12 and a minimum of 12 are different things, plus they may be talking about the US only - different countries may have different strategies. But I agree on popular routes and high population areas 12 really should be the minimum - with Rugby, Hopwood Park, South Mimms and Exeter all being much larger - central belt Scotland could do with some more capacity. I also agree with the point about rural areas - most of Scotland outside of the central belt and the M74 is a desert when it comes to superchargers (and third party equivalents) - it would make a lot of sense to have some 4-6 stall sites at various extremities on tourist routes, in the Highlands, ferry terminals to the islands, the South-West, and Borders.

Reactions: Adnan Wasim
Yep, they recently redesigned the layout of the Glasgow SC site to accommodate more parking, presumably in anticipation of the expansion of the supercharger building plans. Even when there's space & power there's still competition for that space... e.g. the Aviemore chargers.

I was in Hopwood lasty week and a quarter of the car park now seems to be covered by rapid chargers, either Tesla or other brands. It also looks like some education might be needed, the Tesla chargers were a mixture of V2 and V3 so presumably 150kw max and 250kw max, and lots of people were using the V2 chargers, sometimes even sharing a pair and so getting only 60-70kw whilst there were loads of V3 chargers available. I could have spent my whole time wandering around explaing it to people. Whilst some may prefer to charge slowly (going for a meal for instance), I think many were just ignorant of the fact.

Reactions: adsheff
I was in Hopwood lasty week and a quarter of the car park now seems to be covered by rapid chargers, either Tesla or other brands. It also looks like some education might be needed, the Tesla chargers were a mixture of V2 and V3 so presumably 150kw max and 250kw max, and lots of people were using the V2 chargers, sometimes even sharing a pair and so getting only 60-70kw whilst there were loads of V3 chargers available. I could have spent my whole time wandering around explaing it to people. Whilst some may prefer to charge slowly (going for a meal for instance), I think many were just ignorant of the fact.
I’ve tried to educate somebody about sharing on a V2 before at Newport Pagnell, but they were quite happy on about 60 kW. I gave up as the empty row soon filled up.

I’m heading down the M40 to Wembley next Sunday and am planning on a quick pit stop and top up at Hopwood Park to 80%, the first time since the upgrade, so will be looking for a V3 so no educating until after next weekend please.

• Funny
Reactions: Sean.
Barnsley SC appears to have a problem with both chargers. It has only 2 x v2 chargers and I was there this evening, arriving with 2% so expecting a fast charge as there was no other vehicle to share with. Only got 65kW max on one charger and so at 20% moved to the other thinking it was an isolated fault. No different on the other one.