Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any update on Gretna? It would be really useful if up and running this weekend 🤞
Called in earlier and the 14 V3 look pretty complete along with some Applegreen ones but are all fenced off with no activity. I suspect they are waiting for power.

Attachments

• IMG_2515.jpeg
    IMG_2515.jpeg
    641.4 KB · Views: 22
There were/are some non -Tesla units that have been awaiting power on for what feels like the best part of a year.

Perhaps it is related to that as Zapmap still doesn’t list them as being live.

There are cheaper units on the other side but I’d rather use the dead time at the terminal to charge, as I’m sure most would over a few p/kwh.

Reactions: Rob J
PSA: If you are doing the Glasgow to Manchester gauntlet over the weekend, why not try the new 16 bay charger at Larkhall Hotel just of the M74 and avoid the queues at Abington and Tebay!

I’d definitely be going here with Gretna also out of action.

It opened today and I expect it will be open to all.

Edit: there are already queues at Abington and Tebay but there are 14 free at the new site.

PSA: If you are doing the Glasgow to Manchester gauntlet over the weekend, why not try the new 16 bay charger at Larkhall Hotel just of the M74 and avoid the queues at Abington and Tebay!

I’d definitely be going here with Gretna also out of action.

It opened today and I expect it will be open to all.

Edit: there are already queues at Abington and Tebay but there are 14 free at the new site.
I did Nottingham <-> Glasgow this week and used Ionity at Carlisle. Not cheap but I got 65p using Electroverse and fast charging rates.

Should never stop mentioning the other plus of Superchargers though which is being billed for kW to the car rather than kW dispensed by the charger. You can add 10-12% on for cable/inverter losses with 3rd party chargers.

Larkhall (16 x v3/4?) is not showing in the app as available to all,
Give it time.

Neither are Solihull or Annesley, which opened on Tuesday and Wednesday this week....

All V4 sites that have opened in the UK eventually show up in the Tesla app as open-to-all - even the laggards like Ipswich and Heartlands get there in the end.