Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
looks to be different location to the original planning agreement (now expired) at those services from a few years ago?
Yes, it looks to me like the ?12 stalls will use up some some parking bays in the existing parking area (see pin position on supercharge.info) whereas the old application was for 32 stalls located in a currently grassed area that would have required new hardstanding.
Reference post from 2020 with some info about the original application: #1,234

Reactions: JupiterMan
Apparently, according to the Tesla Owners UK president, Gretna has sadly hit some problems: "Equipment was stuck, unable to work."

The Scottish expansion is happening at a snail pace compared to down South.
On the way to Scotland, I called for lunch at the Radstone Hotel near Larkhall just off the M74.

Looks quite complete compared to my last visit in November. The 16 V4 chargers were uncovered and there were some people working on the distribution boxes. The white lines need painting, but that looks like the only groundwork left.

I topped up at Tebay, and there's a lot of activity with their own brand chargers including a van from the local DNO parked next to the northbound chargers so hopefully a power upgrade has been done as opposed to a hydrogen generator used at another site. Hopefully with an upgrade they may stick some Superchargers into the northbound side like they are doing at Gloucester.

Quick picture from the Radstone Hotel.
IMG_2478.jpeg

Over on another forum, it looks like there are a bunch of V4 Superchargers live at the Asda Express in Uttoxeter.

However, they are branded EVPOINT as part of EG Groups plans to put Superchargers in Asda locations.
Ooh big fan of that. The entire A50 is a charging desert. The Elctroverse app will probably beat plug and charge for pricing with the Octopus discount.

Last edited:
I would hope that Tesla agreed use of Tesla SC at normal tesla prices as part of the contract to use V4s. Giving them a small % of payments say, would increase their income at little extra cost and attract more Teslas than 65p ish/kW would ………………………
Why would Tesla want to do something that would encourage people to go to a competitor even if they are selling them the chargers? Surely they would prefer people use their superchargers than EG's.
On that basis you may wonder why they are allowing plug and charge at all which must run though Teslas servers.. To that I would say maybe that was negotiated through the contract but also DATA. Tesla get to see which of their cars are using EG group chargers and where and how often which sounds like valuable information in the planning of future sites.....

So how would you turn off plug and charge?!
I think what happens in the Electroverse app is you choose a stall then you get a prompt on the app to plug in. This prep would hopefully override the plug and charge workflow. I don't know for sure though.

It's not a huge discount either. I'm on the 8% discount through IOG and looking at the rates on their other locations, it's 60p/kW. Although I notice the pricing for Keele SuC (relatively nearby) has now crept up to 55p at peak times.