Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Drummondville, QC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doesn't really help though if you arrive after hours and the two out front are already used.

If what you say is true about Tesla, hiring the contractors who didn't have an office in Quebec, shouldn't they have researched this earlier with regards to the roadblocks and zoning?

Montreal is more of a destination, at least for me, so I don't really need a Supercharger there. If that location becomes overcrowded, I wouldn't be surprised to see an additional Montreal area site go up, but in a place where you can skirt the city, for example on the Autoroute 30.

With the benefit of hindsight, it's clear a few mistakes were made with Drummondville. That and Murphy's law explain why the site is still not completed. However, you can expect the next few Quebec sites to go up much more quickly.

Yes, provided the owner has enough sense to return to his car promptly as opposed to eating a big meal at Baton Rouge around the corner.
The car might be charged in half an hour but the owner might not be back for an hour and a half.

This is indeed a big risk at any charging station. Fortunately, Superchargers typically have redundancy so even if some jerk hogs the stall all night you don't have to sit and wait on them.

Good manners would be to leave a phone number on display if you are away from your charging car.

I made up a little placard with my contact info to leave in the driver's door window for when I'm away from the car (usually overnight at a hotel)

Unfortunately, I don't think Quebec is a priority with Tesla!
Only having two SC stations at the Montreal Service Centre to me sends a red flag out!
All other Service Centre SC locations have at least 6 to 8 units as far as I know.

Tesla has already shown that they add stations at a location if the traffic bears it out. If those SC stations are heavily used, they'll expand. They've done it at plenty of other locations.

For those unaware, Drummondville is getting 8 stalls and is probably only missing its transformer. Ok maybe some cleanup too ;)

Source: https://www.facebook.com/ravelectrique/posts/822710584468517

10866288_822709774468598_2295425650199831361_o.jpg

Montreal is more of a destination, at least for me, so I don't really need a Supercharger there. If that location becomes overcrowded, I wouldn't be surprised to see an additional Montreal area site go up, but in a place where you can skirt the city, for example on the Autoroute 30.

With the benefit of hindsight, it's clear a few mistakes were made with Drummondville. That and Murphy's law explain why the site is still not completed. However, you can expect the next few Quebec sites to go up much more quickly.

Quartier 10/30 would be a perfect spot for a SuperCharger... people coming from let's say Toronto, wouldn't have to be stuck in the Montréal traffic... they would use the Highway 30 toll bridge at Vaudreuil and 20 minutes after they would be at the quartier 10/30 SuperCharger (by the way, I don't know if you knew guys but the ALT Hotel at the Quartier 10/30 has HPWC...)

I like this spot as well...+1 for any site that let's us skip around Toronto or Montreal...

Quartier 10/30 would be a perfect spot for a SuperCharger... people coming from let's say Toronto, wouldn't have to be stuck in the Montréal traffic... they would use the Highway 30 toll bridge at Vaudreuil and 20 minutes after they would be at the quartier 10/30 SuperCharger (by the way, I don't know if you knew guys but the ALT Hotel at the Quartier 10/30 has HPWC...)