Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Drummondville, QC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there any particular reason that there isn't a thread for each SC in Canada, as there (in most cases) is for SCs in the US? If one is interested in a particular route or location, wading through posts about SCs 1000 km away is pretty tiresome.

TMC's resident Canadians decided on having two threads in the regional Canada part of the forum for Western Canada Superchargers and Eastern Canada Superchargers.

I know they are / were (?) working under a tent, but does anyone have any recent news or photos from the Drummondville site?

The one Quebec web site that was posting pictures took them offline so that workers would not be recognized... Not sure what that is all about ????

No updates posted by them since (even without photos).

Only in Quebec, I guess... sigh.

I know they are / were (?) working under a tent, but does anyone have any recent news or photos from the Drummondville site?

The one Quebec web site that was posting pictures took them offline so that workers would not be recognized... Not sure what that is all about ????

No updates posted by them since (even without photos).

Only in Quebec, I guess... sigh.

I'm so tired of waiting for Drummondville... Will believe it when I'll see it... Years of waiting in my case.

I hope they haven't been heating the site this whole time. That would be crazy expensive!

The minuscule amount of news we get on this site (in french here) suggests that this is in fact what is happening. Mind you temperatures have been consistently on the cold side (around -20C without windchill) for the last few weeks, it may be necessary to do so.

There is some mention of a "surprise" as the reason for all the secrecy around this site... like patp I'll believe it when I plug in...

Unfortunately, I don't think Quebec is a priority with Tesla!

I don't think that's a fair statement when you consider the investment in the recently opened Montreal Center, the largest of its kind in North America. It's true that there are only 2 Superchargers in the front there, but there are also two in the garage.

Drummondville is way late, but it's not because of lack of investment by Tesla. When you consider all the times the plans were changed or construction canceled, started, halted, restarted and dragged out, the site will probably end up costing 2-3 times more than a "normal" installation. The international engineering services firm, Black & Veatch, contracted by Tesla for Supercharger roll-out unfortunately doesn't have an office in Quebec. Their lack of local knowledge and contacts may have caused them to hit certain land mines. Hopefully, the painful experience in Drummondville will serve as a lesson and subsequent Quebec projects will go more smoothly.

Last edited:
I don't think that's a fair statement when you consider the investment in the recently opened Montreal Center, the largest of its kind in North America. It's true that there are only 2 Superchargers in the front there, but there are also two in the garage.

Doesn't really help though if you arrive after hours and the two out front are already used.
If what you say is true about Tesla, hiring the contractors who didn't have an office in Quebec, shouldn't they have researched this earlier with regards to the roadblocks and zoning?