Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Drummondville, QC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let me know the status update. I need it tonight at 11pm as I'm back from Dorval to Quebec City! Crossing fingers.

Its technically live (Tesla logo lit) but was still fenced as of yesterday evening. I guess they want to clean the pavement and add the parking lines today.

But Dorval to Quebec City in a P85 even in -10C temperature you don't need the supercharger at all. But I understand your excitement ;) I would just make a quick break and see if its live when you get there. Post the result here.

Its technically live (Tesla logo lit) but was still fenced as of yesterday evening. I guess they want to clean the pavement and add the parking lines today.

But Dorval to Quebec City in a P85 even in -10C temperature you don't need the supercharger at all. But I understand your excitement ;) I would just make a quick break and see if its live when you get there. Post the result here.

On the site right now... The fences are still there though...

the cleaning was done so just waiting for guys (that are currently here) to put the power on...

In a P85D that's short. 40km max left driving 105km/h and low heating. But the real reason is that I only have 46% left on my battery right now so it would work for Drummondville. That would be perfect.

Drummondville went into the "Permit" phase according to Supercharge.Info on June 19, 2014.

It has been a long wait...

Yep... but it's done and we'll put it behind us now...

Next one: Lévis & Rivière-du-Loup... hope Tesla will not make the same mistake as they have done with Drummondville by waiting until october (just before the beginning of freezing)...

Actually, I'm very surprised that Tesla aren't in the «Permit» stage for the next 2...

- - - Updated - - -

I stopped in this morning April 8/15 and spoke to a couple of friendly worker types,they asked if I was ok charge wise,and offered me a charge,I declined because I didn't need juice.
Looks like it's opening later today.
Yipee Kiyea

Same here but just like you, I didn't need any fill up... the 2 guys were very friendly indeed (one of the 2 was the supervisor)!

Friday night when charging here, I noticed some fencing up in front of the stalls, closing off the wall of the shopping mall. Is this pointing towards a Drummondville SC expansion or not related?

Drummondville SC is a pretty busy station. I don't remember the last time I was there and the only one to charge. I don't usually stop there at peak hours so I've never encountered a "sold-out" situation either, but at 8 stall with this type of traffic, I wouldn't be surprised if an upgrade is in the books.

Sorry no photos...

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
Agreed - it's a busy station and would be a good candidate for expansion, though I'd prefer they focus on splitting the distance between Drummondville and Levis first - aka the new marker at Sainte Eulalie, QC. It's only ~36 km but in bitterly cold temperatures it's nice to have options.

Reactions: sauce
I have seen up to 7/8 stalls taken in Drummondville. Last year, a 2nd Drummondville site (or more likely an expansion) was on the Tesla map for 2017. However, it was removed when St-Eulalie was added for 2018.

St-Eulalie is a bit of a mystery, because there's not much there besides an industrial park. Indeed, the 100 km from "Madrid" to Laurier Station are considered a dead zone for services for ICE vehicles on the Transcanadian/A20. There are two large private rest stops planned for this year, though. They would be the best spots for Superchargers imho. One is in St-Louis-de-Blandford, the other in Villeroy.

Indeed.

Ste-Anne-du-Sault/Daveluyville is 10km east of Ste-Eulalie and has a Tim Horton's as well as a restaurant in front of it which could make it an interesting option as well.

Madrid is too close to Drummondville to be of much use imho, but if IMOStar are to build rest areas in the vicinity of the current outdated rest areas that would be optimal.

Probably the reasoning behind Ste-Eulalie is about the intersection of 20/55 where Trois-Rivières-Victoriaville and beyond traffic is reasonably dense. There are a few Tesla owners in Victo besides.